Info on STHS

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
Germ Ant
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Info on STHS

Post by Germ Ant »

Hello.

We’re a league that has used FaceOff Hockey for the past dozen or so years and things aren’t looking good for the future of that sim so we’re looking for a new platform.

Can you comment on how well STHS might work for us and/or what we might have to change to work within the STHS platform?

Here’s our current setup – we have 31 General Managers and we follow the same alignment as the NHL (e.g. same conferences, same divisions, same NHL teams etc.)

We already have our 31 team rosters – is it easy to set up the entire league by controlling all 31 rosters?

We have our own contract structure so we need the ability to not be bound by caps in the sim or, at least, be able to change the contracts. Is that possible?

We imported the NHL schedule and liked that and would like to do that again as well. Possible?

One of the other things we do is we use actual NHL injury data (so, if Player A was injured from game 10 to game 15, he was injured in our league as well). With FOH, we imported that data and the sim would injure those players at the correct time. Is that an option in STHS?

Once a game is played between two teams, can we export boxscores to all teams in our league?

In short – we’re looking for a sim to simply play the games for us. All of the other extras are not necessary. In your estimation, would STHS fit the bill?

I apologize for all of the questions but none of us have a lot of history with other sims (most of us are old guys) so I’m hoping that I can rely on the experts who have a history of using STHS to help guide us.

Thanks.

Trevor
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Info on STHS

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

Did you try the STHS? You can try everything you mention with the demo version. You simply won't be able to save until you buy a subcription.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Germ Ant
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Germ Ant »

I haven't tried STHS yet - but we're interested. I was hoping somebody would have given us some detailed answers to our questions but I guess we'll just have to fiddle around with it and figure it out.

Thanks,

Trevor
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Everything you ask is possible in the STHS. You just have fiddle around.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français