Finances mishandled w/ STHS 2.3.2.

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
RockNPucks
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Finances mishandled w/ STHS 2.3.2.

Post by RockNPucks »

Hi Simon,

You mentionned earlier that STHS 3.0. fixes an issue with miscalculation of finances when running the STHS 2.3.2 version of the simulator. Our league ( www.powerplay00.com ) started the season with the 2.3.2 version, waiting for the end of the playoffs to transfers to STHS 3.0., and the entire league as as an average financial lose of about 40% league-wide. I would like to make a league-wide "refund" since most of the teams are nearing the financial black hole and so my question is this:

-> Considering teams usually earned money year after year, what was the problem with the finance calculator on the 2.3.2 version ?

I am hoping your answer will help me calculate how much money I should hand back to all 30 teams.

Side note: As of now, I am considering handing back the previous years average annual income to each team (+/-10M$ if I recall correctly)

Once again, thanks a lot for your time!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Finances mishandled w/ STHS 2.3.2.

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

The issue you are talking about "Fix some issues related to the Finance Calculation and added some filed in the HTML output." was related to the HTML Finance page only. I didn't change the way team make money.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
RockNPucks
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by RockNPucks »

So I guess my question is: what was the issue related to the Finance Calculation?

I'm asking because most of our teams are down financialy this year as opposed to previous years.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

No issue related to the Finance Calculation. For me, this “fall” into the simulation engine that I don’t change them unless they are a major issue to keep consistency across year of simulation.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français