What did I miss the past 5 years?

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
SkyTeamAces
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

What did I miss the past 5 years?

Post by SkyTeamAces »

Former commish who has been away from sim hockey for the past 5 years. About to re-read the manual and updates, in anticipation of creating a new league.

For the long time commissioners, have there been any big changes in how the sim operates? I can read the technical stuff...im more or less wondering how improved the new sim is over how it was around early 2012.

Any help is appreciated. For context, I always tried to run as realistic a league as possible.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: What did I miss the past 5 years?

Post by SimonT »

I would said the website has change a lot since then. But your best reading would be version history of version 2 and 3.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
SkyTeamAces
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: What did I miss the past 5 years?

Post by SkyTeamAces »

Indeed...i noticed that almost all sim sites are portal sites now too, and most are NHL rerate leagues. The version history was great...seems like things have advanced quite well. Definitely feel there is ample opportunity to get a league going akin to the old days. Sim rerates, realistic schedules, etc. Just wonder how many serious GMs there are out there with interest in the old school leagues anymore.