200 pts McDavid

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
golgo13
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

200 pts McDavid

Post by golgo13 »

Edit by SimonT for Cursed Language.
Savard

Re: 200 pts McDavid

Post by Savard »

The engines all have their flaws, but if McDavid ends up with 200p, it's your fault, not Simon's.
august
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by august »

You have to adjust your setting before the season start with a couple of test.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

The STHS doesn't provided rating. It's your own job to do that or buy them from someone else, the STHS only provided the platform.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Savard

Post by Savard »

He did have a point though, although Simon probably disagrees: it would be immensely helpful if there were "official" ratings for people to use. Ratings created by someone with some insight in the engines. The trial and error approach I used for my 2.1 ratings... it's questionable I will do that every year...
BeardCommish

Post by BeardCommish »

FWIW, "official ratings" is insanely time consuming and because every league is different, wouldn't be very applicable.

Some of the ratings available are done by folks for free - some charge for them. But honestly, they all have their flaws and their strengths.

If more folks took the time to do them, they'd realize it's a lot more difficult than it would seem - especially to get accurate and usable ratings. I've done them from scratch twice in the past 10 years, and it's a months-long process.

On 2.1, that's a whole other discussion...but as "realistic" as it gets credit for being, it's totally not realistic in the sense of being so hard coded toward "good teams" performing "good" all the time. I prefer the 2.0 engine because of the random element, which is realistic to real-life.

Plus, the ratings you need for 2.1 are a shell of what they are in almost all other engines. You have to reduce them to the point of being unrecognizable.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

BeardCommish wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:10 pm On 2.1, that's a whole other discussion...but as "realistic" as it gets credit for being, it's totally not realistic in the sense of being so hard coded toward "good teams" performing "good" all the time. I prefer the 2.0 engine because of the random element, which is realistic to real-life.
Everyone is telling me "good teams" are NOT performing "good" and you are just telling me 2.1 was build for that just made my day. :mrgreen:
-SimonT
BeardCommish

Post by BeardCommish »

SimonT wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:45 pm Everyone is telling me "good teams" are NOT performing "good" and you are just telling me 2.1 was build for that just made my day. :mrgreen:
I aim to please. :P
golgo13

Post by golgo13 »

I'll stay polite so please don't erase my awser because i'm critize your product it's part of the live...

Ther's nothing funy about this Simont cause i'm paying for your Sim for 12 years ... I'm using 2.1 version with the free ratings you give on your site my scoring setting is at 1 and my PP at 1 and McDavid will score 235 pts ... so don't put those rating on your site if there not good ... Do i realy have to pay another guy for good rating and simulate 5 full seasons every summer to get something realistic... can you please after 12 years put something like;

-Load the Simulator
-Load those rating
-Use those setting and your free to go with a little bit of tweaking

how many money have you invest in your product last 12 years ??? I'm pretty sure the awser is 0 you invest time that's it and that's why there's no app for cell and your product still does'nt work on Apple and your doing this because your are the only Sim guy and you know it so you take our money and do not put effort to listen and correct what we ask from you .
BeardCommish

Post by BeardCommish »

golgo13 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:47 pm I'll stay polite so please don't erase my awser because i'm critize your product it's part of the live...

Ther's nothing funy about this Simont cause i'm paying for your Sim for 12 years ... I'm using 2.1 version with the free ratings you give on your site my scoring setting is at 1 and my PP at 1 and McDavid will score 235 pts ... so don't put those rating on your site if there not good ... Do i realy have to pay another guy for good rating and simulate 5 full seasons every summer to get something realistic... can you please after 12 years put something like;

-Load the Simulator
-Load those rating
-Use those setting and your free to go with a little bit of tweaking

how many money have you invest in your product last 12 years ??? I'm pretty sure the awser is 0 you invest time that's it and that's why there's no app for cell and your product still does'nt work on Apple and your doing this because your are the only Sim guy and you know it so you take our money and do not put effort to listen and correct what we ask from you .
Wow. Simon isn't perfect by any stretch, but he's here and answers pretty much every question posted here. STHS isn't perfect either, but you seem to want to have everything under the sun with zero work on your own end, and no cost to you.

That's simply not how this works. So great, you've paid Simon something like $300 for 12 years of his product - and you expect a fully mobile product, 24/7 support, fully updated ratings every year, and endless response to your bitching? You realize that's THOUSANDS of hours of work, in which you're willing to pay pennies for, if that.

If you want full automation, go run a Yahoo league dude. This may not be for you.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

golgo13 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:47 pm I'm using 2.1 version with the free ratings you give on your site my scoring setting
The text file Creators Information 2020 says Note : Optimized for the STHS V1.5 [ Goals: 35 | Penalties: 35 | Shots: 65 | Hits: 95 ] and not engine 2.1.
-SimonT
august
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by august »

When using the appropriate rating for the simulation engine version, it's possible to be close to NHL.

Last year NHL leader was on pace for 127 pts. On our league, the leader is on pace for 142. Not 200 pts...
Savard

Post by Savard »

golgo13 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:47 pm how many money have you invest in your product last 12 years ??? I'm pretty sure the awser is 0 you invest time that's it and that's why there's no app for cell and your product still does'nt work on Apple and your doing this because your are the only Sim guy and you know it so you take our money and do not put effort to listen and correct what we ask from you .
"You invest time and that's it".

You've got to be kidding... Have you ever actually spent time creating something? Ratings, Website code, an app?
golgo13

Post by golgo13 »

erase
Last edited by golgo13 on Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
golgo13

Post by golgo13 »

august wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:58 am When using the appropriate rating for the simulation engine version, it's possible to be close to NHL.

Last year NHL leader was on pace for 127 pts. On our league, the leader is on pace for 142. Not 200 pts...

what rating are the best for the 2.1 version ???