how do you handle prospect creation in your leagues?

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
garb
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

how do you handle prospect creation in your leagues?

Post by garb »

Trying to get some ideas on the best way to handle creating drafted prospects.

So how do you guys handle this?
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: how do you handle prospect creation in your leagues?

Post by Kramden23 »

garb wrote:Trying to get some ideas on the best way to handle creating drafted prospects.

So how do you guys handle this?
Simple, prospects in our league don't get rated until they play a game in the NHL and are including in the following years ratings. I never really understood how leagues rate prospects that have never played a single game yet, or try and rate a player like RNH who has only played 7 career games. Since ratings used in leagues (for the most part) are based on last seasons stats, how can you give special treatment to players who have NOTHING to base their ratings on?
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
garb

Post by garb »

True, this is a sim rerate league though.

But that makes sense, pick a specific ratings file and use their ratings for new prospects.
SDHL_Commish

Post by SDHL_Commish »

If you do a Google search I believe you can find a league equivalencies chart; i.e., 1 NHL goal is = to, say, 0.7 CHL goals. That might be useful for the Sim reraters.
WCHLcommish

Post by WCHLcommish »

The WCHL used to do all rerates manually, and we set up a chart for all skater attributes. I have never put those attributes on-line, but I will someday. We now use league files from other sources, as some of the people who used to help us do the rerates are no longer around, making it far to time consuming for 2-4 people to do all of the players in the league. We still refer to the manual charts for creating players though.
CBSHL
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by CBSHL »

We create 200 guys playing junior every year. We create them from A to Z with all of their ratings and bios. Then we draft. So people know exactly what they are drafting. Honestly I dont really think that accuracy is such a big problem... what we focus on his constistancy from one draft to another. We try to replicate the same OV and PO average for every round so year in year out people have a general idea of what is the value of the picks.
Lavaty

Post by Lavaty »

CBSHL - Do you manually create each of the prospects one at a time, or do you know of a way to create them in a csv file and import it into your existing league?