BRHL Ratings Package Complete for 2016

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
BRHL Hockey
The Passion One / Le Passionné

BRHL Ratings Package Complete for 2016

Post by BRHL Hockey »

With the release of our coach ratings (and referee file) the BRHL Ratings package is complete, and being used throughout the STHS world.

A big thanks to our subscribers, as our numbers went way up this year, we remain dedicated to providing the best statistical rerates out there, and by far the biggest database there is. With our roster files published by the end of April every year, we are the only, longterm ratings produced out there with a guaranteed time frame. If you're serious about your league, there really isn't any other viable option.

Subscription options are as follows
1 year - $30
2 year - $55
Lifetime (3 seasons guaranteed or your money back) - $75

What your subscription gives you:
- Ratings packages for all 3 sim engines. AHL/NHL file only unless Lifetime subscriber.
- All players who played in at least 10 NHL or AHL games are created
- Coaches file which has all head and assistant coaches from the past season in AHL and NHL, as well as a few others from 2014-15.
- Injured NHLers who missed most of the year due to injury are here with about 85% of their statistical attributes.
- PS (Penalty Shot) ratings are based on lifetime ratios. Players with less than 10 attempts (and goalies) are scaled down a bit.
- All ratings are 100% based of NHL statistics (with the exception of SK, which is done by a panel)
- Lifetime Subscriptions receive 3 files; NHLAHL, Europe, and Tourny
- European ratings done with ALL PLAYERS WHO PLAYED MORE THAN 5 GAMES in any of the KHL-SEL-LIG-C.LIG-S.LIG-DEL-NLA. It's our most comprehensive Eruopean database ever, and works alongside our AHL/NHL file to give you realistic tournament results! Almost 5000 players!
- Tourny file has all players in one file, so you can run international tournaments. All Canadian born players have their country as their birth province, allowing for diverse tournaments by province instead of a blanket power Canada team.
- Ratings calculator for Retro leagues can be provided (you'd need to enter the db info) *lifetime subscribers only*
- UP TO DATE ROSTERS / START UP FILE PROVIDED UPON REQUEST *lifetime subscribers only* updated twice per year. so it may not be right up to date.
- Ongoing Support Regardless of subscription

[Expected Results (with sliders provided with your subscription)

Sim Engine 1.5
- This is the recommended sim engine, for realistic results, no gimmicky ratings, and overall best experience
- A few guys finish north of 100 points
- Top goalies in the low .930s
- a few dmen in the 70 point range, a few in 60s, and more in 50s and 40s

Sim Engine 2.0
- Top scorers approach 100 points, occasionally over.
- Top goalies in the low .930s
- Top dmen in the high 60s, low 70s

Sim Engine 2.1
- Top goalies SP% in the .930-.940 range, 4-6 goalies will be sub 2.00 GAA
- Elite pairs of forwards tend to do very well. If you pair Ovechkin and Tavares, it will produce some higher results.
- 5-10 forwards may surpass 100 points. Occasionally I've seen a guy get north of 130 (and almost always it's two elite guys paired together that do damage)
- Top dmen in the high 60s, low 70s

MISC- Due to technical issues, we won't be publishing a PDF version of the ratings, we've ran into too many copycats in the past. If you have specific questions on a guys rates, etc. I am happy to answer them. Instead this year we provided the expected results (as above).

- I've had a few people ask about custom databases. Feel free to ask the questions, and I can provide what work would be needed, and an estimate from my end.
Bryce Shuck
[email protected]
The #1 source for STHS ratings since 2006!
BRHL $ League est. 2006 - http://new.brhl.net/
Cash Hockey, Football & Baseball Leagues
STHS, FHM7, OOTP, FanGm Platforms
ziggy2016
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: BRHL Ratings Package Complete for 2016

Post by ziggy2016 »

How does line-specific and team-wide strategy affect players in your v1.5 ratings?
ziggy2016
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by ziggy2016 »

I'm in a league using your ratings (thank you for all the work, by the way) for v1.5 and I'm totally baffled as to how things work. Employing a 1-1-3 strategy suffocates my offense, using a more offensive strategy results in my being badly outshot, too. When I go to the 1-2-2 strategy team-wide and a 0-2-3 strategy, I'm out shot by a 1.5 to 1 one margin. I have a team that is at least as good as my opponents, but they perform far below their capabilities. I am completely lost as to how to get the most out of my players using the 1.5.
Commissaire_LAAHS
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by Commissaire_LAAHS »

Bryce, will you produce mid-season rating again this year?

Thanks
BRHL Hockey
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by BRHL Hockey »

To date I haven't received any requests for them. And to be honest, the response last year wasn't what I expected. Right now the answer is a tentative no. But if there's the demand out there, I will.
Bryce Shuck
[email protected]
The #1 source for STHS ratings since 2006!
BRHL $ League est. 2006 - http://new.brhl.net/
Cash Hockey, Football & Baseball Leagues
STHS, FHM7, OOTP, FanGm Platforms
Commissaire_LAAHS
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by Commissaire_LAAHS »

In our league, if ratings exist, we are considering to do 50-50 on rating score between the ratings from the beginning of the season and those from mid-season, don't know if it's something others users would like? It's reducing the impact on a using only "mid-season rating"

For example a 90SC who's on pace for a 70SC this year would have 80SC instead of 70SC if we only use mid-season rerate.

If you do it we will use it but I understand you need to have more than 1 request :)

Thanks

Alex