BRHL 2016-17 RATINGS PACKAGE - RELEASED! / PAQUET BRHL 2016-17 NOTATIONS - LIBÉRÉ !

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: BRHL 2016-17 RATINGS PACKAGE - RELEASED! / PAQUET BRHL 2016-17 NOTATIONS - LIBÉRÉ !

Post by ynohtna »

BRHL provides a great package!

The below is a general rant, not specific to BRHL.

I think raters need to think differently about ratings and whether they match up to "realistic/comparable" NHL numbers. Just because the end of season result looks close to NHL doesn't mean it's a good ratings.

I worry that we lose playability of the game with this mentality and my last season experience really highlighted that.

With so much acclaim about 1.5, I decided to move my league from 2.1 to 1.5. The GMs hated it. They said nothing they did seemed to help their teams and auto line teams were simply kicking butt. Previously, auto line teams tend suffer.

We switched back to 2.1 mid way but this time trying a different ratings pack with "NHL realistic 2.1 results". Game play was better than 1.5 but again, auto line teams were put on an even playing field it seems and some had decent seasons. Also we found odd plays in the play by play log and end game results in the playoff finals were annoyingly very close to the same like 3-2 OT.

So maybe pushing towards exact NHL results is not a great thing, causing players to be very closely bunched together attributes wise and we need a bigger spread

This i just an overall observation and impression I have
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
BRHL Hockey
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Re: BRHL 2016-17 RATINGS PACKAGE - RELEASED! / PAQUET BRHL 2016-17 NOTATIONS - LIBÉRÉ !

Post by BRHL Hockey »

I think that jus comes down to what a commish/league want to see with their players. Largely I think it's a sim related function (don't want to say issue, because I think it's largely by design).

Shoot me an email though, as one of our subscribers, I'd be happy to look at tweaking to a custom level of what you're looking for.
Bryce Shuck
[email protected]
The #1 source for STHS ratings since 2006!
BRHL $ League est. 2006 - http://new.brhl.net/
Cash Hockey, Football & Baseball Leagues
STHS, FHM7, OOTP, FanGm Platforms
dunkie23
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by dunkie23 »

Do your ratings include real life salaries and contracts?
Schifty031

Post by Schifty031 »

Thats a thing i dont really like, no kind of preview before buying it.....
BRHL Hockey

Post by BRHL Hockey »

dunkie23 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:40 pm Do your ratings include real life salaries and contracts?
Yes they do, while not 100% accurate, they're pretty close. We're actually working on a project now to update each and every one with new contract values.
Bryce Shuck
[email protected]
BRHL Hockey

Post by BRHL Hockey »

Schifty031 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:18 pm Thats a thing i dont really like, no kind of preview before buying it.....
Happy to provide select examples and have a few PDF we share with interested parties.
Bryce Shuck
[email protected]
RedFive
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by RedFive »

Hi I'm new the the STHS (we are transferring our league from FHL) I just purchased this package and we are in the midst of testing it out (v1.5).

I've set the sim slider settings to your recommendations in the manual. Early testing is raising a couple of concerns, hopefully you can help me:

1 - I have noticed that the defencemen's point production is very high - in one test season I am running 4 of the top 8 scorers are dmen (including the top 2). Is there a way to have them a little lower in the stats?

2 - the shot totals across games are wildly erratic - some games the shots are way too lopsided, like 50-15, 45-16, etc with the teams not being that badly mismatched. The next time they play the shot totals could be reversed with the same teams. It's not every game just seems to be random games have bizarre shot totals like that (aroun30-40% of the results).

I'm enjoying the new sim and ratings, but we're still ironing out the kinks so some advice is appreciated!
BRHL Hockey

Post by BRHL Hockey »

Shoot me an email and your league file. I'd be glad to help troubleshoot some of the issues you're encountering, sounds like something is indeed off.
Bryce Shuck
[email protected]
BRHL Hockey

Post by BRHL Hockey »

The BRHL has created a 31 team and a 30 team NHL schedule for the year. Subscribers can expect to see them in their inbox tomorrow.

The 31 team schedule mimics the NHL, as does the 30 team schedule, except the Vegas games against teams are randomly assigned logical matchups between teams so that the schedule works to 82 games.
Bryce Shuck
[email protected]