Potential and rating scale

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
TheGreatErikku
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Potential and rating scale

Post by TheGreatErikku »

Hello.

After running a forty years league in FHL and I am pretty much ready to switch to STHS and I had a couple of questions.

I don't use NHL rerates so how does Potential work? Or more easier to answer I guess, when does it start to not matter? Let's say I have a young guy at 21 with 40 in potential, does he have room to grow? Or does the low Potential means he'll stay pretty much the same? I just want to know how to scale them well since I had a house rerate when I used FHL but if STHS does it automatically, I'll use that function. (read 40 in my house rerate was still excellent).

And which sim version should I use if I want '80s-'90s style scoring leaders? And is it possible to scale them so that I don't have a lot of 99? I only want generational players to have above 90 and still have 100+pts season.

Thanks for your time.
Schifty031
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Re: Potential and rating scale

Post by Schifty031 »

Potential: See this as a performance issue, because on rerate, the potential isn't the big part of it, its mostly the player performance against all player of the league, the potential will help to gain some rate but no so much. So its mean a guy with 65 pot can gain some rate and playing on 3rd or 4th line in pro.

About sim engine version, 1.5 is the best, I maded my own rating pack with the same vision of you and work pretty well.
TheGreatErikku

Post by TheGreatErikku »

So actual performance is better than high PO? Or just that PO can counter a poor season if it's high enough? So I can leave a young guy with 30 in PO and still see some good rerate if he plays well or his lucky?

I've looked around since a year and some people say that you have to mold your ratings around a sim version... and that I guess I would have to try all 3? There's only version 3 in demo currently.
Schifty031
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by Schifty031 »

V3 is not a sim engine, inside of STHS V3 you have different sim engine inside the league option

Your 30PO guys will raise up slowly but can have a day rating for NHL
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

TheGreatErikku wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:26 pm Or just that PO can counter a poor season if it's high enough?
That the goal of PO. ;)
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
TheGreatErikku

Post by TheGreatErikku »

Oh I see. By the way, thank you for the support thus far. It's been a nearly a year and after a few setback I am pretty much ready to restart my league and since I really want to use all the potential STHS has, I really want to make sure i get it right before starting. I don't want to reajust after a season because that's how you lose your GM. I guess at this point all I have left is to output my ratings and do several years of test to see how it goes and how I must adjust potential.
TheGreatErikku

Post by TheGreatErikku »

Et est-ce que je devrais mettre ma question en français aussi? Question de voir si d'autre personnes ont de l'information.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

TheGreatErikku wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:57 am Et est-ce que je devrais mettre ma question en français aussi? Question de voir si d'autre personnes ont de l'information.
C'est ton choix. Beaucoup de gens sont bilingue ici.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français