NAIHL 2008-09 Ratings

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: NAIHL 2008-09 Ratings

Post by ynohtna »

NAIHLStars wrote: One thing that would be helpful for me in evaluating the ratings would be to either post in this thread or PM me if your league is using either the original version of the rating or the new one, along with your leagues website. Midseason, I'd like to look at players stats for those using these ratings so I can get a better idea on which formulas to tweak some for next years ratings.
So far I'm doing some test runs on a league I'm starting using your original set of ratings. here: http://www.ynohtna.com/bfhl/?q=node/42

I'm not opposed to keep using these ratings for the real thing if you want me to? Or if you need more people using the newer set, I'll switch, let me know.
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
Cpt_kebec
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Cpt_kebec »

Can we have a HTML output of both versions of your rates? That would be helpfull to compare.

Thanks for the good works!
Pasqual Ross
Commissaire LSH
http://www.hockeymaniac.ca
NAIHLStars

Post by NAIHLStars »

ynohtna wrote:
NAIHLStars wrote: One thing that would be helpful for me in evaluating the ratings would be to either post in this thread or PM me if your league is using either the original version of the rating or the new one, along with your leagues website. Midseason, I'd like to look at players stats for those using these ratings so I can get a better idea on which formulas to tweak some for next years ratings.
So far I'm doing some test runs on a league I'm starting using your original set of ratings. here: http://www.ynohtna.com/bfhl/?q=node/42

I'm not opposed to keep using these ratings for the real thing if you want me to? Or if you need more people using the newer set, I'll switch, let me know.
Thanks for asking. Feel free to use either set. If you have already started with the first, continue on with it.
NAIHLStars

Post by NAIHLStars »

Cpt_kebec wrote:Can we have a HTML output of both versions of your rates? That would be helpfull to compare.

Thanks for the good works!
Both sets are in the download section. Just open both in excel and building a +/- comparison would be simple in excel.
SICHLCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by SICHLCommish »

I just ran a test season last night with the original ratings. It was my first time using the sim as I'm trying to migrate over from FHL... looks like I have a lot of work to do, but anyway. So far my impressions are that with these ratings, the Sim sliders have to be adjusted for realistic results - especially goals... after some playing around I decided 55 was right (35 was the default setting).

Also, I think I'm going to go with your revised ratings. Sheldon Souray was the league's leading scorer in my test :?
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

good comment about goals, I'll move my slider up too... not enough goal scoring. My default was 40 for some reason....

my leading goal scorer is souray with 9 in 17games :) the assist leaders are dominated by dmen.

So because of this, I'm going to apply the revised ratings...
BFHL Admin/Commish
mafiaboss

Post by mafiaboss »

Any chance you have the revised ratings with salaries included? It would be a great help for those needing to kickstart a league (like myself :) ) and get right into fantasy drafting and not have to sign each player to contracts afterwards?

thanks
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

One of my co-commish did a fantastic job hunting down salaries and cap hits on nhlnumbers.com and this is I think, an export I did on the 12th of october, a week after I started my first season. From now on, we will do our own FA signings, but we needed a starting point to go with so that's why we chose to use NHL salaries (2009/10). The ratings are NAIHL V2 ratings.

Hope it's helpful.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... FZ3c&hl=en
BFHL Admin/Commish
slammers

Post by slammers »

SICHLCommish wrote:I just ran a test season last night with the original ratings. It was my first time using the sim as I'm trying to migrate over from FHL... looks like I have a lot of work to do, but anyway. So far my impressions are that with these ratings, the Sim sliders have to be adjusted for realistic results - especially goals... after some playing around I decided 55 was right (35 was the default setting).

Also, I think I'm going to go with your revised ratings. Sheldon Souray was the league's leading scorer in my test :?
You say that like there is something wrong with Souray being the leading scorer Mark. maybe its just because he is on the best team ;)
Webal
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by Webal »

puis-je savoir ce que BS et TA veulent dire ???

Merci

can somebody tell me what mean BS and TA ???

CK - 80% NHL hits 20% Strength
FG - 70% Ratio of Major PIM to total PIM, 20% PIM, 10% ST
DI - 100% PIM
ST - 80% Weight, 20% height
DU - 70% GP, 30% TOI
PH - 60% ratio turn overs to total points, 20% PA, 20% SC
FO - 50% FOT, 50% FO%
PA - 100% Assists
SC - 100% Goals
DF - 40% SH TOI, 40% +/-, 20% BS+TA

thanks
Alain

Commissaire, http://www.ln-c.com
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

Webal wrote:puis-je savoir ce que BS et TA veulent dire ???

Merci

can somebody tell me what mean BS and TA ???

DI - 100% PIM
DU - 70% GP, 30% TOI
FO - 50% FOT, 50% FO%
PA - 100% Assists
SC - 100% Goals

thanks

BS would be Blocked Shots
TA - No Idea
Webal
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by Webal »

Thanks Ice I just found it BS = block shot and TA = Take away

:wink:
Alain

Commissaire, http://www.ln-c.com
shamrocks
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by shamrocks »

Hello,

With the announcement that the DVHL would no longer be doing ratings, the NAIHL has stepped into the void in an attempt to produce the most accurate ratings possible.

The first thing with the process is that it must be impartial and calculated without bias. These ratings do that. These ratings are provided as-is, with no warranty implied or otherwise

The ratings use a rough "bell curve" to have the highest rating for an attribute at 95 and the lowest at 50. So for example only 5 goalies will achieve an individual attribute rating between 91-95, but 15 will be between 71-75 and 66-70 each.

The ratings are based on a composite of stats from NHL.com, and the average ratings from four other sets of ratings available on the STHS site.

The SK,EX,LD,PO are calculated for all skaters and goaltenders. A composite of other posted ratings that were then curved.

DI - 100% PIM
DU - 70% GP, 30% TOI
FO - 50% FOT, 50% FO%
PA - 100% Assists
SC - 100% Goals

Stats were projected for each player to a 82 game total. Players with less than 5 games played were reduced by 40%, 6-10 30%, 11-20 20%, and 21-40 10%. This was down to limit anomalies of players who just play a few games and have a point per game.

Salaries for all players are set to 1 year at $1,111,111.

Here is the link to the ratings .csv file: http://naihl.net/NAIHL200809Ratings.csv

Enjoy!pioniere

E-mail pioniere
Just wondering will this be updated yearly? and if so when do you expect the results to be available? (which month)?
Kind regards
RW
STHS Version 3.3.9.9
shamrocks
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by shamrocks »

Just wondering if this will be updated yearly? and if so when do you expect the results to be available? (which month)?
STHS Version 3.3.9.9
NAIHLStars

Post by NAIHLStars »

Yes, we will do an update this year.

Last year we jumped in last minute and got them out August 15'th.

This year we will start earlier and target a July 15th release and see if we can surprise and beat that date.

As, with last year we will disclose what was used to put together the ratings. We will also only do players that played at least 1 game in the 2009/2010 NHL regular season. Also expect the d-men offensive ratings to be toned down compared to the prior year.