Generating just HTML reports?

If you need help building your website, this is the place to hang out. If you're an HTML, PHP, Perl or web database geek, check it out. / Si vous avez besoin d'aide pour construire votre site web, c'est le forum à regarder! Si vous êtes un expert en HTML, PHP, Perl ou en base de données, c'est le forum pour vous!
corfieldb
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Generating just HTML reports?

Post by corfieldb »

Hi everyone,

We're a new league transitioning from a 15+ year league that used the old APBA software. We're grinding through the learning curve with Simon but it offers so much more that we should've done this a long time ago.

My question is about generating html reports for use on our website. When I sim some games and go through the process to create the output, I'm only seeing php files. Also, the php files don't seem to have any game data within them. The team roster report looks ok, but I simmed 6 games last night and other than the box scores - which look fine - nothing else report wise seems to have any player or team stats within them.

How do I do this to get the html reports we want?

Thanks!

Bill
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Generating just HTML reports?

Post by SimonT »

If you want the legacy HTML website, you need to do the following in the Output Option of your league.

1) General #1 tab, "Output File Format" must be html
2) General #1 tab, check the option "Output Index Without League Prefix"
3) Output #2 tab, click "Check all "Use Output Page" button.
4) V3 Tab, uncheck the following 2 options : "Output SQLite Database" and "Output Dynamic Website"

Then delete everything inside your Output Folder and use the Output option again.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
corfieldb
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by corfieldb »

Thanks for your response Simon!

I've followed those exact instructions and saved the changes.

Then emptied my output folder and when I run the output, all I get are php files again.

Now what?

Bill
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

You didn't follow some of the instruction. Or when you do the manual Output, you have select "Dynamic Website Pages" again when you shouldn't.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français