New Custom Portal Now Available!

If you need help building your website, this is the place to hang out. If you're an HTML, PHP, Perl or web database geek, check it out. / Si vous avez besoin d'aide pour construire votre site web, c'est le forum à regarder! Si vous êtes un expert en HTML, PHP, Perl ou en base de données, c'est le forum pour vous!
senshockey
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

New Custom Portal Now Available!

Post by senshockey »

Fellow commish's, I'm happy to finally unveil the all new custom portal available for purchase now.

This is basically a full rewrite of the former SIMHL STHS Web Portal so if you are familiar with that one, this one will be like riding a bike. The new site brings many improvements to the former one, most notably security.

Additional features include but are not limited to:
  • Fully responsive design will work on most devices
  • Coach statistics (season and career)
  • Skater statistics (season, career and game-by-game)
  • Goalie statistics (season, career and game-by-game)
  • Team statistics (franchise)
  • Many advanced statistics
  • League statistics (career, all time best)
  • Ability to post articles and podcasts
  • Ability to post trades, buyouts, waiver claims
  • Email notifications
  • GM dashboard
  • Commish dashboard
  • Archiving All Star Games and Entry Drafts
  • And many more!
Recommended hosting provider is smarterasp dot net (.NET Advance package or better) and a gmail account without 2 Factor Authentication enabled is required.

If you're interested in using this site for your league, please do not hesitate to contact me via direct message on this forum or post below.

Pricing is as follows:
Includes full deployment and setup (access required), SSL (if hosting is via smarterasp dot net), all player images, nhl team images, user manual (coming soon) and first 7 days of free support. This does not include support for transferring your domains or updating DNS settings if you already have a domain registered. If you have past seasons of data that you wish to import to the new site, that is an additional service for $100; you must have your past .csv, entry draft and all star game files on hand.

Lifetime Support: $150
Includes me at your service whenever you need it for the lifetime of the website. Also includes all future updates and new features for the site. Offer only available at the time of purchase of the website.

Support Calls: $50-100
If you do not sign up for Lifetime Support when purchasing the site, support is available as needed. You will be a second priority to anyone with the Lifetime Support package. Issues resolved under 2 hours will be charged $50, issues requiring additional time will be $100.
BeardCommish

Re: New Custom Portal Now Available!

Post by BeardCommish »

Color me intrigued...just wondering precisely how customizable this may be?

The design itself - to me, anyhow lol - would need significant adjustment. But having some of the automation of a 'portal' site is intriguing.

We just started our first season and built our own website, so there's definitely no rush. But I'd be willing to investigate this, so long as customizing is available. Let me know. :)
senshockey

Post by senshockey »

I see you're using Simon's dynamic site. I can definitely customize my site to a degree for you but if you're looking for me to add support for the simulation of farm games it just isn't something I plan on adding. Besides that, I'd be curious to see what a bearded fella like myself can do for another bearded fella.
BeardCommish

Post by BeardCommish »

senshockey wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:30 pm I see you're using Simon's dynamic site. I can definitely customize my site to a degree for you but if you're looking for me to add support for the simulation of farm games it just isn't something I plan on adding. Besides that, I'd be curious to see what a bearded fella like myself can do for another bearded fella.
I am not using Simon's site - not sure where you were looking lol. I built this completely myself. :)

www.BeardHockey.com

Not sure I understood your farm reference...your template site only allows for pro games?
senshockey

Post by senshockey »

You are using simons site. Almost every link on your page brings you to beardhockey.live which is simons site.

Yes my site only allows for pro team games. Or at least only shows those. Having been in sim hockey over a decade now, as nice as having a full farm simulation sounds, it becomes tedious and often neglected. And my league’s rules pertaining to assets allow for GMs not to have a full farm roster so I opted to exclude farm schedules, results and statistics from my site. I understand this can be a deal breaker for most people shopping for a site, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be able to offer my site to those leagues.
BeardCommish

Post by BeardCommish »

Ohhhh - I got what you meant now. :P

Yep, definitely a deal breaker for us as we are results-based rerates, so development of young players on the farm is essential (and we have 32 teams all diligently managing pro and farm).

Ah well!
buckie54
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by buckie54 »

senshockey wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:22 pm You are using simons site. Almost every link on your page brings you to beardhockey.live which is simons site.

Yes my site only allows for pro team games. Or at least only shows those. Having been in sim hockey over a decade now, as nice as having a full farm simulation sounds, it becomes tedious and often neglected. And my league’s rules pertaining to assets allow for GMs not to have a full farm roster so I opted to exclude farm schedules, results and statistics from my site. I understand this can be a deal breaker for most people shopping for a site, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be able to offer my site to those leagues.
Site looks amazing!! Wish it had Pro and Farm though :(

We had discussed this years ago, when you were building things! very well done!
Thanks
Brent
OCHL Commish
senshockey

Post by senshockey »

Thanks for taking the time to check it out Brent! I finally made it to a usable version!
buckie54
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by buckie54 »

I switched to the dynamic site but seeing that site makes me want to switch back lol
Thanks
Brent
OCHL Commish
hscommish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by hscommish »

We are in our inaugural season and have chosen to utilize senshockey's custom portal. I have had nothing but good experiences thus far, and our GMs love the layout of the site. It's super easy to upload and update files the simulator spits out, and senshockey has been fantastic to work with the few times we noticed a bug, or wanted aspects of our site changed. The price was definitely right, and much more affordable than some of the other options provided here (which is perfect for a league looking to charge low league fees or devote the majority of their fees to prizes and not overhead). All in all, we would 100% recommend senshockey's platform. We really enjoy the look, ease of use, and senshockey's timely and friendly user support.
senshockey

Post by senshockey »

thanks for the love fellas. much appreciated!