Fantasy League

Looking for a GM or a league? This is the place to put your ads. / Vous cherchez un GM ou une ligue? C'est le forum pour mettre votre publicité.
Winston
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Fantasy League

Post by Winston »

I'm not actually posting the link to the forums of our league but it's a little different than what most of the leagues I see here advertised are.

I'm posting this here to gauge interest to plan a potential expansion in the coming few seasons.

Our league is strictly fantasy based. There are no real teams, you create and brand your own franchise. The player pool is also completely fabricated. They are imaginary players created by our League Commissioner. Other than that, most things function similarly.

You are the general manager of both the professional and minor teams. You make money each season depending on how your team finishes and also for writing media articles. Money is spent on training to improve your players as well as on scouting to learn about the players in the upcoming draft class.

Right now we have 12 teams, 6 Western Conference and 6 Eastern Conference.

Essentially, we're just wondering if people would be interested in a league like this. I understand the appeal behind the sim leagues running NHL players but this is completely fantasy so it's a bit different. Some people may not like it.

Comment below to give me a feel for what you think about this?

Thanks guys
Eclipse
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: Fantasy League

Post by Eclipse »

I may be interested, I prefer fantasy over NHL leagues. Would you be able to link me to the site so I can see what the player ratings look like?
KCicehawks

Post by KCicehawks »

I would definitely be interested.
I currently GM a team in two completely fantasy based leagues. I have, in the past, been in leagues with NHL based teams and players and it isn't as much fun as the straight fantasy based (it's fun to learn your players' abilities based on their attributes and not just their name).
Please email me with details... I'm extremely interested!

[email protected]
POFHLcommish

Post by POFHLcommish »

I would also be interested
Winston

Post by Winston »

Awesome guys.

Sorry for the slow response, wasn't online over the past few days.

I'm not the commissioner but we were just looking at viable options to advertise an expansion so I'll let him know I found some interest!
KCicehawks

Post by KCicehawks »

Don't leave us hangin' bro... come back with some details. :-)
krause

Post by krause »

Much prefer fantasy and I am totally interested.
Winston

Post by Winston »

Hey again guys,

Sorry for the delay. We actually agreed that we will probably be looking to expand in S10, right now we're finishing Season 7 playoffs so we're a bit off.

We really want to make sure we land really good GMs for this league so if you're interested please contact me through PM whenever you get a chance and I'll hook you up with some more details.