New Portal Problem

Everything about SIM Hockey League Web Portal Version 1:; request, support, suggestions, etc / Tout ce qui touche au SIM Hockey League Web Portal: demandes, support, suggestions, etc
Cessna
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

New Portal Problem

Post by Cessna » Mon May 23, 2011 12:01 pm

Hey all. I installed the portal on my site

http://www.centericenews.com/simhl/home.php

but for some reason the images along the top aren't working. and it just doesn't look right. anyone got a free moment to give me some much needed help?

thanks,

I can be emailed at mewunderlich@gmail.com

SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: New Portal Problem

Post by SimonT » Mon May 23, 2011 3:18 pm

Topic Move in proper forum.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français

Steelhawk
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Steelhawk » Tue May 24, 2011 2:12 pm

Cessna wrote:Hey all. I installed the portal on my site

http://www.centericenews.com/simhl/home.php

but for some reason the images along the top aren't working. and it just doesn't look right. anyone got a free moment to give me some much needed help?

thanks,

I can be emailed at mewunderlich@gmail.com
Do you have all your logos in the correct directory on the server?

Cessna

Post by Cessna » Sat May 28, 2011 9:03 pm

yes all of the nav images are in the proper location...

images/logos/nav

Steelhawk
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Steelhawk » Sun May 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Looks like you got it fixed

Cessna

Post by Cessna » Tue May 31, 2011 8:43 am

yes we did...running into some new issues now though

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/mike/public_html/simhl/create_message.php on line 66

Warning: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/mike/public_html/simhl/create_message.php on line 66

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mike/public_html/simhl/create_message.php:66) in /home/mike/public_html/simhl/create_message.php on line 92

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/mike/public_html/simhl/create_message.php on line 131

Warning: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/mike/public_html/simhl/create_message.php on line 131

any ideas?

Steelhawk
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Steelhawk » Tue May 31, 2011 9:54 pm

Honestly... I have NEVER seen that error before, I have no clue on that....sorry

DNHL Commish

Post by DNHL Commish » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:40 am

Looks like you have to set the timezone in your php.ini.

Try to insert this:

[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
date.timezone = America/New_York

Here's a list of more timezones: http://de3.php.net/manual/en/timezones.america.php
Mike
DNHL Commish
http://www.dnhl.oo.gd