Finicky Overall Formula

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
The Dude
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Finicky Overall Formula

Post by The Dude »

Hello,

I am having an issue with the overall formula. On June 16, 2015 a player was 63 overall, he is now 64 overall. I used a backup to verify ratings and all of the player ratings are exactly the same and even the league formula is exactly the same as it was on June 16, 2015. I use the same weighting for offensive defenseman and I do for defensive defenseman so that is not the issue either.

Any idea why the sim is randomly changing the overall with no changes to the player's rating or to the overall formula?
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: Finicky Overall Formula

Post by Kramden23 »

Did you change any game sliders? Was the player sent to the farm where the slider settings are different from the pro or vice versa?
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

Morale. If you give morale any points towards the OV rating, it will change depending on a player's morale.
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

Kramden23 wrote:Did you change any game sliders? Was the player sent to the farm where the slider settings are different from the pro or vice versa?
How do the sliders on the farm affect the overall formula? Isn't it only contingent on the weighting in the overall formula window?
Owen wrote:Morale. If you give morale any points towards the OV rating, it will change depending on a player's morale.
Morale is set to zero for the formula and always has been. Thanks for checking though.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

If you change your game sliders it will change the OV of your players. Take a look at someone like Ovechkin's OV, then set your pro goal slider to 1 and go back and look at Ovechkin, his OV will be lower.

Because the game sliders affect a players OV, if you have different slider settings for pro and farm then if a player is moved from one to another their OV will change.
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

Kramden23 wrote:If you change your game sliders it will change the OV of your players. Take a look at someone like Ovechkin's OV, then set your pro goal slider to 1 and go back and look at Ovechkin, his OV will be lower.

Because the game sliders affect a players OV, if you have different slider settings for pro and farm then if a player is moved from one to another their OV will change.
This worked, thank you so much, I have set the farm sliders to match the pro.