3.0.7 sqlite db, php, yearly file management

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

3.0.7 sqlite db, php, yearly file management

Post by ynohtna »

I was browing the sqlitedb,

Was curious, how are we going to know what year the data is from? In the past with html, we get output pages with the year appended on it

the php outputs don't have this but I thought maybe it's fine because the DB might store it but I don't really see where.

Also when I'm browsing the data, I'm in offseason right now, but I see some players in PlayerProStat that have around 3 GP and other stats however, when you look at the outpage pages, there are no players with stats (which is correct). Wondering where these stats are coming from and how it knows what year the stats would apply to?

Thanks
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: 3.0.7 sqlite db, php, yearly file management

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

Technically, with the Career Stat File, you don’t really need yearly file management. I don’t think a lot of my customers were keeping them also. I always taught the best was to keep the STH at the end of season, end of playoff and just before starting your season. With this, you can recreate everything except game data (But who the hell relook at BoxScore from 3 seasons ago…)

How are you browsing your data? I took your Client File and open your database with it. All your players have 0 GP.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: 3.0.7 sqlite db, php, yearly file management

Post by ynohtna »

Every season, I take a copy of all the output files and store it :D Every season I think may be I try to do something fancy with the csv/xml lol.

I just link to them on my site and people can go back and look at previous season's index file. I'm like we spent a whole year working on that season, not just throwing it away! haha. Maybe I'm a historian, or maybe just a hoarder.

Maybe your career stat db is the way to go, I don't know.

Nvm about the data in the db... I was actually looking at the pre V3 db file you had made available for a short time in V2, it's still in my output folder lol. Thanks!
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.