Player age

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Player age

Post by laving »

Sooo... I've been away from simulation for some years now, but I'm now thinking of start up a new league again. I see that a version 3 is out there...

I wonder if its possible to do the player aging the old school way, without birthdays? Let's say I'm gonna run four seasons per real life year, and I want the players to age between every in-game season. So that with this example the players will age four times per real life year. Is it possible to do this with the settings?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Player age

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

With the "Use Date Instead of Now For Age Calculation" option, you can do this.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

Okay. I remember this option, but I also remember I never understood how it worked fully.

Is it like I have to set a date in the "Use Date Instead of Now For Age Calculation" and the players will age that date? Is it that simple?

When creating a random generated player database, do I still have to give all the players a birthday?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

laving wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:50 am Is it like I have to set a date in the "Use Date Instead of Now For Age Calculation" and the players will age that date? Is it that simple?
It<s that simple.

laving wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:50 am When creating a random generated player database, do I still have to give all the players a birthday?
Yes.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français