Linked (?) problems regarding rosters, lines and STHS-Client

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
DerKommissar
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Linked (?) problems regarding rosters, lines and STHS-Client

Post by DerKommissar »

The commish of our league has already mentionned the problem in part in another thread but the answer received doesn't help, or at least we don't understand it.

Let me explain. Normally, from what I remember (I'm back in the simulated world after a 4 years hiatus), once you've done your lines in the client and send it to your commish, the next time you download the league files (after a simulation) you should see in the client the last lines you used, right!? This is not what's happening. Every time there's a simulation and I reload the files from our web site, when I open the client, I have like 4 players in the pro and the rest spreaded everywhere.

If that would be the only problem it would be quickly fixed, I would load the last .shl file I've sent and start from there, no sweat. But the thing is that, even if the lines and line-up that I sent seem ok in the simulations when I look at the boxscores, some of the pages generated for the team are wrong, the pro rosters page would miss certain players (just one goalie for example), the missing players appearing instead in the farm, and the lines would have Unknown Players everywhere.

There's three or four teams in that situation.

I was commish for many years before going to simpler GM role and it's the first I encounter this problem.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Linked (?) problems regarding rosters, lines and STHS-Client

Post by SimonT »

Hi
DerKommissar wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:35 am Normally, from what I remember (I'm back in the simulated world after a 4 years hiatus), once you've done your lines in the client and send it to your commish, the next time you download the league files (after a simulation) you should see in the client the last lines you used, right!?
Wrong.

The simulator has the ability to setup your professional and farm rosters/lineups for the next 10 games. If you don’t make your roster/lines up for the next 10 games, your roster and lines-ups for day #2 are empty and after a game, your empty lines from days #2 will transition to day #1.
DerKommissar wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:35 am If that would be the only problem it would be quickly fixed, I would load the last .shl file I've sent and start from there, no sweat. But the thing is that, even if the lines and line-up that I sent seem ok in the simulations when I look at the boxscores, some of the pages generated for the team are wrong, the pro rosters page would miss certain players (just one goalie for example), the missing players appearing instead in the farm, and the lines would have Unknown Players everywhere.
This could easily be explain by the previous answer. But you can show me your website so I can get more detail.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français