Error: You are running an out of date version of SimonT Hockey Simulator V3!

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
SICHLCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Error: You are running an out of date version of SimonT Hockey Simulator V3!

Post by SICHLCommish »

No, I am not. Why is this error still a bug in the sim? Just because it is a new year, the sim that I downloaded and have been using since the start of the season should continue working.
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: Error: You are running an out of date version of SimonT Hockey Simulator V3!

Post by Owen »

:?: It's run fine for me today. Are you absolutely sure you're using the current version? You said you're using the same as the start of your season but if that's true, then you're not. According to your league site, you started in October and there was a version update in November.
pwhite
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: Error: You are running an out of date version of SimonT Hockey Simulator V3!

Post by pwhite »

SICHLCommish wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:52 pm No, I am not. Why is this error still a bug in the sim? Just because it is a new year, the sim that I downloaded and have been using since the start of the season should continue working.
Same here. One by one our GM's are dropping like flies. It started on the 31st for us (Sunday). I was using 3.1.1 (and had been for months), and it was working fine all day and no issues prior. Then in the evening I opened the client and it said:

"You are running an out of date version of SimonT Hockey Simulator Client V3! Please download the latest version."

So I get the latest client and same thing. I even tried getting the same latest client from this site, as well as our league's page.

BUT - that's not all. After getting the new client and trying to load a file, every time we get this message and can't proceed any further:

"Your league runs on a pirate version of the STHS."

We are definitely not using a pirated version, clearly this is an issue with the new client.

I have some screenshots if it'll help but that's basically it. Half our league is now affected in last 24 hrs, only reason it's not the whole league is we took a 2-day hiatus for New Years. Any idea when this will be resolved? Thanks.

(PS. I even tried renaming the client .exe file as suggested in your "Manual V2" but it didn't work. We also tried using the old version 3.1.1 but we get the same "Your league runs on a pirate version of the STHS." when trying to load a file.)
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

SICHLCommish, on your website, I have see you have update the simulator from 3.1.1 from 3.1.2 yesterday and that it work now.
pwhite, send me an email please so I can check your information out.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
SICHLCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by SICHLCommish »

I updated to the newest version on the simont website to allow the league to keep going.

It is just very frustrating for us to get this error mid-season. We do not want to make any changes to the software in the middle of the season. It is not fair to change the game for the GMs in the middle of a season. And some sim updates also cause problems with changed in output format. I was running the most up-to-date version of the sim as of October when we started the season. That should be good enough to get through the year.
GMangs
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by GMangs »

I just got the same thing. We started our playoffs on the 1st. I don't like having to update during the season. After I updated, it won't allow me to save. I get an error.

GMangs
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by GMangs »

Then it tells me to try to save as in another folder, but that doesn't work either.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

GMangs, send me an email on this matter please.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français