Can't add new players with Update Ratings

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
RHLPresident
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Can't add new players with Update Ratings

Post by RHLPresident »

Hey Simon,

I'm probably doing something really wrong here and I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time.

I am the president of the RHL and we are between our 9th and 10th season.

As usual, draft is coming up and I have all new players all neatly lined up in a CSV file that I will then import using the Update Rating feature.

Unfortunately, I don't know why but here's what happen;

I import my CSV file and create my .STR file and see no error message BUT then, when I try to run Update Ratings, it says 0 players were imported correctly ?!?!?!?

Can you help me out?

P.S. If you want me to email you my csv and str file, I will gladly do it, just let me know please.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Can't add new players with Update Ratings

Post by SimonT »

Did you try a second time to create your str file?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
RHLPresident

Post by RHLPresident »

Now that I did, it says 96 out of 99 players were not imported correctly...

I checked the CSVInputlog and the message displayed is the following;

Players Import Done at 4/10/2018 11:22:18 PM
Line # 2 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 3 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 4 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 5 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 6 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 7 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 8 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 9 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 10 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 11 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 12 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 13 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 14 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 15 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 16 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 17 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 18 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 19 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 20 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 21 of Player CSV file was not imported. Unknown field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 22 of Player CSV file was not imported. Country field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 23 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 24 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 25 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 26 of Player CSV file was not imported. Country field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 27 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 28 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 29 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 31 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 32 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 33 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 34 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 35 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 36 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 37 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 38 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 39 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 40 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 41 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 42 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 43 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 44 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 45 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 46 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 47 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 48 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 49 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 50 of Player CSV file was not imported. Unknown field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 51 of Player CSV file was not imported. Country field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 52 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 53 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 54 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 55 of Player CSV file was not imported. Country field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 56 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 57 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 58 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 60 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 61 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 62 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 63 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 64 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 65 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 66 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 67 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 68 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 69 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 70 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 71 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 72 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 73 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 74 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 75 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 76 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 77 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 78 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 79 of Player CSV file was not imported. Unknown field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 80 of Player CSV file was not imported. Country field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 81 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 82 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 83 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 84 of Player CSV file was not imported. Country field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 85 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 86 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 87 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 89 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 90 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 91 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 92 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 93 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 94 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 95 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 96 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 97 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 98 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 99 of Player CSV file was not imported. Position field didn't pass the validation test.
Line # 100 of Player CSV file was not imported. Unknown field didn't pass the validation test.
96 Player(s) on 99 were not imported correctly!

My file seemed fine before so I don't understand why the position field shouldn't be ok and what is the Unknown Field ?

Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Unknown is place holder when the code has a big issue.
-SimonT
RHLPresident

Post by RHLPresident »

Ok so can I send you my files to see if you can find the mistake please ?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

sure. Email them to me.
-SimonT
RHLPresident