Game Files Won't Open in Browsers

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
The Dude
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Game Files Won't Open in Browsers

Post by The Dude »

Hello,

My normal process when I sim games is to take the game files that are output, upload them to our FTP, and then link them on our forum. When GMs click on the link, the game file/boxscore HTML will open in the browser as a webpage. It has worked this way for 8 years.

This year we are 3 game days into our pre-season and I use the same method, but the game files will not open in a browser, they are forced to download. Our GMs cannot open them on mobile devices.

Here are examples of working and non working links:

Working: http://www.nhlsl.com/File/2017-RegularS ... -1223.html
Not Working: http://www.nhlsl.com/File/2018-PreSeaso ... RE-16.html

Can you advise if there is something that happened in the sim over the summer that is causing this issue?

I have no idea how this might have happened.

Thanks!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Game Files Won't Open in Browsers

Post by SimonT »

MIME Type. Look at .htaccess file or *.config file with incorrect setting.

This is not a STHS issue so I'm moving the question section.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

Ok thanks. I have no idea what you mean by anything you wrote, I’m mostly not a computer guy, but we’ve changed nothing on our end so I have no idea why this is all the sudden happening if it’s not an STHS change.

Hopefully another member here can help with some specific direction.
joejiz

Post by joejiz »

Hey,

One thing to consider is what browser people are using? Also is there a pop up blocker running? I think Simon is saying that one has to edit those files one by one and look for some line of code that says "open page in browser window = yes"

I'm just guessing. I realize you said you're not a computer guy. So even if Simon provided those two files to you, one could try and upload and replace your existing ones? Not sure that's a good idea or not.

Try some other browsers???