Exclude Salary Cap Issue

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
Jeff_HFNHL
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Exclude Salary Cap Issue

Post by Jeff_HFNHL »

Simon...I'm having an issue where a team is registering under the cap floor due to an injury where it seems two different settings are fighting each other in the sim and I'm hoping you can review and tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

We use the "Activate 'Exclude Salary Cap' on players if the option 'Remove from Payroll when Condition Under' apply" setting as our version of LTIR. We currently have it set at 80. A team had a player go down with a long term injury (65) which triggered the 'Exclude Salary Cap' setting on the player profile page. This injury put the team below the salary cap floor so I tried to turn off the setting on the player profile, thinking it would add him back to the salary cap calculation and I could proceed, but the sim continues to give me a cap error. Shouldn't it treat this player as part of the calculation with that setting turned off on the player profile?

To test this I adjusted the LTIR value from 80 down to 50 and made sure the 'Exclude Salary Cap' setting was off and the sim works fine. As soon as I change it back to 80 I'm stuck again. I was initially running v2.3.10 but updated to 2.3.12 to see if it was previously patched but no luck.

I feel like the player profile setting should override the general league wide setting. We need the 'Exclude Salary Cap' to come on automatically but should have the ability to remove if needed.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Exclude Salary Cap Issue

Post by SimonT »

Are you able to the teams and player injured so I can reproduced the problem?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Jeff_HFNHL

Post by Jeff_HFNHL »

SimonT wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:05 pm Are you able to the teams and player injured so I can reproduced the problem?
I think there's a word or two missing here. Are you wanting a copy of our league file and to know who the team/player in question is? If so, where do I email it to?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Sorry, I already found your league file on the website. I just need a way to reproduced the problem. What players has causing the issue on what team?
-SimonT
Jeff_HFNHL

Post by Jeff_HFNHL »

It's the Oilers & Andrew Cogliano.

I've had to leave the remove from payroll condition super low to let the sim function but it means others with injuries that should be removed need to be manually watched right now.

Thanks for taking a look.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

The options are not fighting. The option ‘Remove from Payroll when Condition Under' is always apply. It’s the first option I have created in the STHS. Then, I have created ‘Exclude Salary Cap' option for custom case where Commish still want player out of salary cap if the ‘Remove from Payroll when Condition Under' didn’t apply to them anymore.

Then I have created the "Activate 'Exclude Salary Cap' on players if the option 'Remove from Payroll when Condition Under' apply" and "Remove 'Exclude Salary Cap' at 95 of Condition" option so that long injury are always exclude of salary cap until they come back healthy even if the ‘Remove from Payroll when Condition Under' is doesn’t apply to them.

But in all cases, the options were means for teams being over the maximum salary cap, not the minimum salary cap.

In your case, if you want to put your ‘Remove from Payroll when Condition Under' back to 65, I suggest you temporary add a Year 1 Salary Cap Special Value to the Oilier for a couple of weeks.
-SimonT
Jeff_HFNHL

Post by Jeff_HFNHL »

Thanks for the detailed response. Perhaps this can be considered for a future update? I feel like the player profile should be the primary setting and we should have control over cap ceiling & floor.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

If can't be done. You are asking me to remove the ‘Remove from Payroll when Condition Under' and only used the others option in the STHS.
-SimonT