Not prompted to change playoff series length

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
ImSteveK
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Not prompted to change playoff series length

Post by ImSteveK »

running 3.1.4, tried a new playoff format this season to play 1st round as best of 3, and manually change subsequent series to best of 7.

Upon completion of 1st round, I wasn't prompted to change the length of the series. Any suggestions? Please help.

Thanks
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Not prompted to change playoff series length

Post by SimonT »

Were you simulating using Multiple Day in Row? How many do you have in your playoff?

P.S. You can't change the lenght now that you have started round 2 unless you resimulate your last round #1 day.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
ImSteveK

Post by ImSteveK »

Hi Simon - I was simulating 2 days in a row, but no games in Round 2 were simmed. I went through a full round of best of 3, so 6 days were simmed, I have 16 teams in the round, across two conferences.

Thanks
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

If you were simulating 2 days in row, it's normal that the prompt is not ask. Simulating Full Season or X Days in Row silence all prompt. And since the prompt is at the end of day #2 in your simulation and the STHS ask for the entire day to be simulate, the prompt is silence.
-SimonT
ImSteveK

Post by ImSteveK »

Thanks Simon, I understand. Is that fixable? Feels like a bug to me. I didn't proceed into the next set of series.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

It's not a bug. It's normal behavior of the STHS. If you play 1 game per simulation, at the last game of round #1 you would have got the prompt.

For example, the condition recuperate each day is done at the end of simulation, not at the start of next simulation. Same apply for playoff.
-SimonT
ImSteveK

Post by ImSteveK »

"at the last game of round #1 you would have got the prompt."

I guess I don't understand then. I simulated the 1st round of the playoffs, 2 days at a time. Each conference plays one game in the round. I didn't execute ANY function knowingly for the 2nd round. No rest days.

http://nehll.com/nejhl20172018PLF/NEJHL ... anding.php

What's not clear to me is what is different arriving at the end of the series appears to matter depending on using the Consecutive Days function.

Are you saying the playoffs need to be simmed 1 day at a time? Or just the deciding game of the round?

Thanks
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

When the last game of first round is simulate, the second round start the next second in the STHS. If you were simulating 2 days in row when this game was simulate, there is no prompt because at this point, the STHS doesn't know if you were simulating 2 days, 5 days or a full season, it just know NOT to prompt.
-SimonT