STHS on a MSFT Surface Book

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
t00nces
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

STHS on a MSFT Surface Book

Post by t00nces »

Has anyone tried to run the sim on a MSFT Surface Book? If so - any issues? If not - do you think it would work?

Regards,

t.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: STHS on a MSFT Surface Book

Post by SimonT »

The STHS run on ANY hardware running Windows 10; this include MSFT Surface Book.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
t00nces

Post by t00nces »

Is there any compatibility setting required? I can't seem to get the binary to run on Win10 Home. Runs fine on Win8.

Regards,

t.
t00nces

Post by t00nces »

Tested the app on Surface Pro 6 w/ Win10 Home and Pro and no luck. I made sure the older .net libraries were also installed. Are there another set of libraries that might be needed? Always getting the message - 'This app can't run your PC - To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher'. Even when you try and run it in compatibility mode (choosing Win8), you get the same message.

Any idea what I might be missing?

Regards,

t.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Do you have Windows 10 S?
-SimonT
t00nces

Post by t00nces »

Nope - full Windows 10 Pro (Win10 Home comes standard) after upgrading. I've tried setting it run as Administrator, as a Windows 8,7 and Vista binary but no luck - always the same message. Could it have anything to do with a 32bit vs 64bit app or is there a potential library we'd have to install on Win10?

We currently run our league on a MacBook Pro running VMWare and Windows 8 but uploading game results after each simulation is very painful due to VMWare's implementation of a network interface shim which really slows down outbound file transfers. We decided to go with a native Windows environment but no luck so far.

Thanks for investigating.

Regards,

t.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

I recommend a quick research on Google on "This app can't run your PC - To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher". Windows 10 has a lot of security setting that block you. If you have Windows 10 Pro and you are in work environnement, your IT departement might block running the STHS.
-SimonT
t00nces

Post by t00nces »

Hi Simon,

It's not a Win10 security setting, I disabled all of those before posting :) I also searched for that specific error and nothing is helpful. I tried an older version of V3 of the sim which I had and it executes just fine (it won't run because it tells me to get the latest version). I wonder if it might be an issue with the latest version off of the download's page? I've had a few failed downloads (i've tried it with a few different connections) and have had to resume the download. Could it possibly be that the latest binary is bad?

Update: I've copied our existing league and binary to the Surface Pro 6 and it executes and loads just fine. I'm going to suggest that I kept falling victim to a bad download off of the downloads section on the STHS site. Not sure why it would happen with multiple downloads and on different connections, I'm just glad it's solved!

Thanks for your patience :)

Regards,

t.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

Try the download from the Alternate Download Link on the website.
-SimonT