STCareer File, merge multiple files into one then export to DB?

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
joejiz
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

STCareer File, merge multiple files into one then export to DB?

Post by joejiz »

Hi,

Our STCareer file is now being selected each time we finish a season and each time we finish a playoff. So I think we know can start keeping season stats on players going forward. Very excited about using the feature.

A season or two ago we kept a couple stcareer files but the league commissioner who runs the software did not choose the same file after ending seasons and playoff's.

I was thinking I could use the Career utility to import the old seasons STcareer files into the current file and then have utility "re-create the sql database".

IS this possible? Can I merge STCareer files together and re-export the sqlite DB?

8.16.2 - CareerStat (Version 3 Only)

In version 3.0.5 or more, career stats management has been completely redesigned. There is now a file with the extension STCareer to save the statistics of your players and team after each season and playoff series. At the end of each season or playoff, the simulator will ask you to select your STCareer file to insert your players and team's statistics inside the file, and also recreate the CareerSTat SQLite database with all data contained within the file. The Career Stat SQLite database makes the dynamic website of version 3 of the STHS to be even more interesting.

The Career Stat utility of the version 3 of the STHS can do 2 things. First, it allows you to to open the XML files from your previous seasons to save them in a file STCareer. Second, it allows you to open an existing STCareer file and manually recreate the Career Stat SQLite database.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: STCareer File, merge multiple files into one then export to DB?

Post by SimonT »

It's not a possibility at this time but if you send me your current career file by email, I'll try to create the feature for you!
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
joejiz

Post by joejiz »

Sure . please allow me several days to obtain the files from league commissioner.
joejiz

Post by joejiz »

Emailed today.
joejiz

Post by joejiz »

Hello, just thought I'd respond here as I wrote back to you the results of the career file you provided, but have not heard back.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

I answer you on May 19th at 2:31pm. I just resend the email, check your spam.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français