New NHL standings tie-breakers - will STHS have it?

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
Marc the Habs Fan
The Crazy / Le Fou

New NHL standings tie-breakers - will STHS have it?

Post by Marc the Habs Fan »

Hey Simon, will STHS be adding this new ''regulation wins'' tie-breaker, which has become the 1st tie-breaker in the NHL if 2 teams are tied in points and games played? As well as the ''Total wins'' tie-breaker, which follows shortly after, and the other ones?

Right now, I believe ROW is still the number 1 tie-breaker in the STHS. Then it's followed by season series and then goal differential...

Per NHL.com's standings page:

Tie-Breaking Procedure
If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., "Regulation Wins").

The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.

The greater number of games won by the Club in any manner (i.e, "Total Wins"). This figure is reflected in the W column.

The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs. For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the "odd game") shall not be included. When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any "odd games") shall be used to determine standing.

The greater differential between goals for and against (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the DIFF column.

The greater number of goals scored (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the GF column.
2M4B - online since 2003-2004
http://www.2m4b.com
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: New NHL standings tie-breakers - will STHS have it?

Post by SimonT »

I'll do the next version of the STHS.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français