3.2.0 Plus-Minus: Goal after a line change starts

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

3.2.0 Plus-Minus: Goal after a line change starts

Post by Owen »

A GM with a good eye pointed out to me that the plus-minus calculated in the box score below is incorrect. Plus and minus was assigned to the wrong players for the even-strength goal scored at 13:01 of the 3rd period.

http://www.elitehockeysim.com/File/2019 ... 0-129.html

It appears that a line change was initiated for both the Lightning and the Avalanche as soon as the power play ended. Immediately after, Ryan O'Reilly scored for the Lightning. O'Reilly, Alexander Radulov, Ryan Dzingel, Alex Pietrangelo, and Ryan McDonagh were Lightning the players still on the ice and missing a plus. Mark Schiefele, Carl Hagelin, Jake Muzzin, P.K. Subban, and the player who just came out of the penalty box, Dustin Byfuglien, should have received a minus.

Instead, the plus and minus were given to the players for both teams who had not yet taken the ice on the line change.

Is there a way to get the simulator to recognize who is on the ice instead of who is about to come on the ice? This is definitely affecting this stat.
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: 3.2.0 Plus-Minus: Goal after a line change starts

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

This issue is because is normal for me. A line change in the NHL take time; I rarely see 3 NHL forward change exactly at the same exact second while in the STHS, they do change all at the same time in the code BUT current players on ice will actually finished his action while technically not being on ice anymore.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

Yes, I agree. However, it means that players who are physically in the act of scoring are not getting a +1, just as those actively defending are not getting a -1. My question is that are you able to fix this so that the line change is not enacted in the code until the action is finished? The way it is, technically, if Jonathan Huberdeau scores four even-strength goals and the sim starts a line change before all of them, his stats would be 4G, +0. I'm sure that it is complicated to fix but this bug does impact the accuracy of stats.
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

Sorry but I'm not able to fix this.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français