Historical data questions

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
Savard
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Historical data questions

Post by Savard »

Hi!

I am currently moving our league to the dynamic website and have to „rebuild“ some of the historical data we’ve had into the new setting. I have a few questions.

1. can you confirm, the "Career Stat" module reads only the players.xml and the goalers.xml?

2. where do the team and league records from the STHS website come from? They show the seasons named by year instead of season number (we had a wrong setting in past seasons). Any way of changing that? Maybe in the SQLite db? Where do I have to put the individual Game HTML files to have a link correctly displayed?

3. Is there a quick way of changing a players draft year in STHS? Instead of "2018" I want to read for example "2018 (23)" to indicate the season as well. For players I could go via a ratings csv, excel find/replace and then import it back into STHS (I guess). How about prospects? I guess if I simply change the draft year entry in the SQLite database table, it won't be written back to STHS? If it would, that would be awesome.

Thanks!
Sebastian
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Historical data questions

Post by SimonT »

1) No. It's also reading the Team, Farm Team and League XML.
2) See answer #1. If you want to change stuff, you need to edit the XML files before loading them. The Career stat do not link to individual Game HTML.
3) If you want to change that in the STHS, you can only go 1 vs 1 in the Edit Players function. Or you can use the use the Bonus option "Players Draft Information Import by CSV".
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Savard

Post by Savard »

Thanks Simon! Really appreciate your responsiveness!

Follow up question regarding 2). Not sure if you understood what I meant: I mean the records as in "Most Goals by a team in a single game" etc.I don't think those come from the Career SQLite database... I was wondering when those records are generated (when I output files?) and where the data comes from (do I need to have the old season files at a specific location).
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

The records are saved in the STHS file itself and they are currently not in the SQLite database. They are only available in XML files at this time.
-SimonT
Savard

Post by Savard »

Thanks. Another question, that may sound a bit weird: can I add a player as a retired player or do I have to add the player and then manually retire them.

The reason: lots of former players (our league was founded in 1997) have historical stats, but were simply erased from STHS after they retired. Because of that, they do not show up as "Retired Players" in the dynamic website. I'm sure I will find a way of adding them and then mass retiring them, but maybe there is a quicker way?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

To added them, you can always use an Rating Pack. To mass retired them, there is no mass way actually. I'll build it in the Mass Edition features for the next version.
-SimonT
Savard

Post by Savard »

Thank you, Simon, a mass retiring feature in mass edit would help a lot! I have one more question - I hope it's okay to ask these questions in this thread:

When after a season the stats are written to the career file, does it also correctly save stats for a player the was traded mid season, so it shows 22 games with Team A and then 50 Games with Team B?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

It only show the total stat for the year. The teams name show will be the one at the end the season.
-SimonT
gingerkk
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by gingerkk »

Savard (or Simon): In our league we have the same situation: We're in our 11th season, all retired players were erased in the first 10 years, but they all still show up in the Career Stat section. If you click on them, they have their own page, with all the stats, just without the picture.

I tried it this way: I recreated Jaromir Jagr using the "New Player" feature in the sim and hoped for the best :)

Unfortunately the new Jagr didn't get his historical stats but was created as a completely new player.

So what would be the proper way to do this? How do I create them so that they automatically get their old stats?

And Simon: From now on can I start to retire players instead of erasing them? Or will that somehow screw up the data because we haven't done it like this since Day 1?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

gingerkk wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:32 pm Unfortunately the new Jagr didn't get his historical stats but was created as a completely new player.

So what would be the proper way to do this? How do I create them so that they automatically get their old stats?
Can you find the UniqueID of the old players? If yes, recreate the players and run the manual command "Change 1 Player Unique ID" to assign the new players the erase player UniqueID, this should work.
-SimonT
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

SimonT wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:25 pm
gingerkk wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:32 pm Unfortunately the new Jagr didn't get his historical stats but was created as a completely new player.

Can you find the UniqueID of the old players? If yes, recreate the players and run the manual command "Change 1 Player Unique ID" or "Change 1 Goalie Unique ID" to assign the new players the erase player UniqueID, this should work.
-SimonT
gingerkk

Post by gingerkk »

I have to check, but I don't think so. And probably they have been taken by newer players after the old ones got deleted. I just saw that our player with ID number=1 is Kaprizov, so not a player from day 1.

I was hoping for some sort of "mass import", since changing every player's ID number would take forever. I guess I'll leave it.

For the other question: From now on can I start to retire players instead of erasing them? Or will that somehow screw up the data because we haven't done it like this since Day 1?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

gingerkk wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:34 pm I have to check, but I don't think so. And probably they have been taken by newer players after the old ones got deleted. I just saw that our player with ID number=1 is Kaprizov, so not a player from day 1.
UniqueID are Unique. They should never reuse by STHS unless a run a manual command.
gingerkk wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:34 pm I was hoping for some sort of "mass import", since changing every player's ID number would take forever. I guess I'll leave it.
To Mass Import because the abilities to mess up is very high.
gingerkk wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:34 pm For the other question: From now on can I start to retire players instead of erasing them? Or will that somehow screw up the data because we haven't done it like this since Day 1?
Up to you. It doesn't mean a feature wasn't in STHS when you start your league that you can't use it now.
-SimonT
gingerkk

Post by gingerkk »

Thanks for all the answers!