Is this doable?

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
pcph20
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Is this doable?

Post by pcph20 »

Hello All,

It has been sometime since I have been in a sim hockey league. I am a teacher in Canada who, like pretty much every other country in the world, distance learning is likely the norm for the remainder of the year. I had an idea and wanted to check in with fellow commishes that might be able to give me some insight.

I have a super hockey crazed class, they have been a joy to teach. There are tons of overlays and ways I can spin a hockey league for a group of my students. I would be tailoring their learning around the league. The how, is something I don't need to bother you folks with.

My question is on the technical aspect.

I am a pretty tech savy individual. I was wondering about the following items. How quick is the learning curve for ftp?

Any advice or suggestions from experienced leagues?

I know that there is a linux option, I was wondering if anyone has accessed the linux version through a chromebook? Chromebooks has linux attached, I just wanted to know if it was doable or if I am better off just buying a windows computer.

Thank you to any and all who reply.

Missing hockey like all of you.

Respectfully,

Paul Hewitt
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Is this doable?

Post by SimonT »

Hi Paul.

Very interesting idea that you have. If you are tech savy, you shouldn't be scare at all of FTP. It's very easy to use, check tutorial on FileZilla on Youtube. Do you have a website currently?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
pcph20
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by pcph20 »

Not as of yet. I remember back years ago there was a template. GMs were able to sign in and what not to post articles. Is that still an option as that would be ideal.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

You can see a demo of the dynamic website here : http://sths.simont.info/WebsiteDemo
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français