Discipline vs Hits vs PIMs

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
tfong
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Discipline vs Hits vs PIMs

Post by tfong »

Hi,

I'm getting conflicting information currently about the discipline rating.

While the manual says disc lowers the amount of penalties taken, I've been told in cases that it also lowers the general amount of hits a player gives out, can someone confirm if this is how it works? I've been cited a case where a player with 90 checking and 90 discipline hit far less players than someone without discipline.

Can someone confirm the effects on disc on hits and penalties?

Thanks!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Discipline vs Hits vs PIMs

Post by SimonT »

-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
tfong
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by tfong »

SimonT wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:44 pm Check this : http://sths.simont.info/ManualV3_En.php ... nformation
Hi Simon, yes that is what I've asked my community before but they remain adamant and have provided situations where raising discipline has reduced the hits a player got. Is there a way you could confirm if it affects it or it was just a coincidence that their hits dropped.

Certain instances have players with 90 checking dropping over 100+ hits to go from 160-200 to 80-90 when increasing their disc value but nothing else.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

There could be impact. Since the hit function is one of primary way a penalty is call in a game, there is relation because if there was not, the DI would not apply. But if you raise the DI, you could raise the CK to keep the relation the same.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français