Roster Issues

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
t00nces
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Roster Issues

Post by t00nces »

Greetings,

We're currently running 3.2.4.4 and have run into what seems to be a bug in this version and previous versions. We're getting a 'Not enough players of (insert position) on Pro Roster' and when trying to promote a player of that position from the Scratched or Farm roster to meet requirements, the player or players won't transfer. If you run an Auto Roster, you get the same error message even though there are more than enough players on the team to meet the requirements. The league is in off-season mode and none of the players are injured. Sometimes, you can transfer one player after several tries but as soon as you transfer a different player to Pro, the other player is sent back to the Farm or Scratched.

We noticed this in the past two versions of the sim but Auto Roster usually fixed it. No such luck with the previous version of the sim or the latest one.

Regards,

t.
t00nces

Re: Roster Issues

Post by t00nces »

I should also add that it prevents us from processing off-season trades because the Roster would have 'less than the number of required players'.

Any ideas/work-arounds?

Regards,

t.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Can you show me your website and/or send me your league file by email and tell me what teams is having the error? It could be multiple cause and I prefer to check before throwing idea.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
t00nces

Post by t00nces »

The website is httx://www-dot-rwha-dot-net

Where should I send our league file? It doesn't look like PM supports attachments.

The team exhibiting the issue is the 'Mull Mauraders'.

Regards,

t.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

You have bunch of players in that teams without a valid contract so they will not play until you assign them a valid contract. The teams only has 16 players with contract + 3 goalies.

Why is having a "correct roster" important for you in the off-season mode?
-SimonT
t00nces

Post by t00nces »

Thanks Simon!

We have zero contracts because we use the player's current NHL cap hit and a lot of players are still to be signed. In our league, we allow teams to trade players before our draft and that's how this issue cropped up - we couldn't process a trade because of the invalid roster.

We'll simply assign a placeholder contract for now and I'm assuming that will take care of the issue.

It might a feature enhancement request to not enforce roster requirements in the offseason to avoid this particular issue. If not, the workaround is pretty simple :)

Regards,

t.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

t00nces wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:41 am It might a feature enhancement request to not enforce roster requirements in the offseason to avoid this particular issue. If not, the workaround is pretty simple :)
Done for next version.
-SimonT
t00nces

Post by t00nces »

Outstanding. Thank you!

t.