Ratings effect on "Hits Taken" stat

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Ratings effect on "Hits Taken" stat

Post by Owen »

I am curious to know about how the ratings impact the "Hits Taken" stat. According to the manual, the Strength rating seems to be most important to this stat. How much of a factor is this rating? Does the Checking rating play a big role in this also?

I find that the forwards who have the best combination of PH & DF ratings usually are the players who take the most hits in the sim. Offensive defensemen are hit considerably more than defensive defensemen as well. It does not seem that the Strength rating has much effect, if any.

Patrick Kane and Auston Matthews have nearly the same offensive ratings. Matthews' ST is considerably higher than Kane. In theory, Kane would take a lot more hits. Though in each of three seasons, Matthews is hit 70-80 times more than Kane, and that's despite Kane having more ice time. It makes me wonder if it's because Matthews also has a much better DF rating.

Or maybe it's just completely random? It's ok if that is how it is! I'm just wondering if it's something that are able to control better by altering certain ratings.
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com