Stacked teams and engine 2.0

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
Martinj
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Stacked teams and engine 2.0

Post by Martinj »

I'm just wondering if any of you have good, mostly realistic results with engine 2.0. I know the engine is known to not give the most realistic results, but I have been using it for years in our league and all our Stanley cups winners have made some sense in the last few years after we made some rating adjustments. Overall, we always have a few surprises and mostly realistic results in terms of ranking. So we have always enjoyed the sort of predictable, but slightly unpredictable results since it's not so far from what we see in the NHL. However, the problem is that it's rare that teams that are stacked with good players end up performing up to the expectations. And sometimes, it's a bit ridiculous how much bad luck they have. I don't know how the simulation engine is programmed to behave, but it feels like it's penalizing those teams, while technically, with the ratings of all the players in the team... the odds should be largely in their favor.

I'd really like to avoid switching to engine 1.5, because we are doing our own ratings for our league and we would need to make a lot of adjustments and test to make sure the ratings works well with 1.5.

Anyone found a solution for this? Or know why this seems to be happening?
Marc the Habs Fan
The Crazy / Le Fou

Re: Stacked teams and engine 2.0

Post by Marc the Habs Fan »

There are dozens of threads about this throughout this forum.

There is really no solution to the problem of stacked teams not performing up to expectations with the 2.0 engine. You will also see good players suddenly perform like superstars while being on bad teams.
2M4B - online since 2003-2004
http://www.2m4b.com
Richybaby

Post by Richybaby »

Is it better with V3 ?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Richybaby wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:30 pm Is it better with V3 ?
It doesn't matter if you are running V2 ou V3. It's depended on your simulation engine, you are running 1.5, 2.0 or 2.1. Personally, I think 2.1 is the best with the correct rating, 1.5 is my #2 and finally 2.0 is my last one because it's too random.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Richybaby

Post by Richybaby »

SimonT wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:28 pm
Richybaby wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:30 pm Is it better with V3 ?
It doesn't matter if you are running V2 ou V3. It's depended on your simulation engine, you are running 1.5, 2.0 or 2.1. Personally, I think 2.1 is the best with the correct rating, 1.5 is my #2 and finally 2.0 is my last one because it's too random.
Thx for the answer. Why should i purchase V3 on yearly basis if i'm still using 1.5 ?? I try to find some incentive but cant. Can you help me?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Version 3 is only version with the latest feature, in particular everything related to the Website. Version 2 doesn't have any features and some feature might even vanished from this version.
-SimonT
Richybaby

Post by Richybaby »

Which mean? If i use the 1.5 what is going to change? More stats?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

It's different simulation engine. Your simulation result will be different. You'll lost some abilities because those abilities are only available in 2.0 and 2.1. See here for more information : http://sths.simont.info/ManualV3_En.php ... ine_to_use
-SimonT
Richybaby

Post by Richybaby »

Well i think i'll stick with what i have now. Dont see why i should pay yearly for the same product

Thx for in info have a nice day