Bizarre: Farm Player Being Auto-Promoted to Pro

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
BeardCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Bizarre: Farm Player Being Auto-Promoted to Pro

Post by BeardCommish »

Having a bizarre issue that I've researched and cannot get to the bottom of.

Two players - Beau Bennett and Danick Martel - for some reason, keep getting promoted from their farm teams to their pro teams after each sim.

Then tonight, when Bennett was on the farm and I started uploading lines files, this prompt appears:

He's already on the farm, so no clue why he'd need to be "sent down" again. The GM's have assured me they are using the latest league file and they both have the latest version of the STHS Client.

For some reason, it appears Bennett is being promoted to the Pro club on the "Day 2" and all other "Day #" part of the lines file. Again, the GM is no promoting him on the future lines for those Days.

Is anyone able to help with this?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Bizarre: Farm Player Being Auto-Promoted to Pro

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

In most of the case, the user OV is very close to the maximum farm overall. Let said your maximum farm overall is 65. The OV of the players is 65.45 in decimal, round to 65 so you think you can send him to the farm. But because the overall formula is based on league setting and your farm league setting are higher, the OV of the players when he's in the farm is 65.55, round to 66. Then, the maximum farm overall option kick in and send him back to pro.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
BeardCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by BeardCommish »

SimonT wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:47 am Hi.

In most of the case, the user OV is very close to the maximum farm overall. Let said your maximum farm overall is 65. The OV of the players is 65.45 in decimal, round to 65 so you think you can send him to the farm. But because the overall formula is based on league setting and your farm league setting are higher, the OV of the players when he's in the farm is 65.55, round to 66. Then, the maximum farm overall option kick in and send him back to pro.
Our farm OV max is 70 - Danick Martel is 59 OV and Beau Bennett is 65 OV.

So I kind of manually 'fixed' it...I forced both down to their farm rosters (put waiver age max to 90 temporarily) and then copied the rosters to all days. Then when I loaded their team's lines, it seemed to work.

Not sure why it happened in the first place, but found a weird workaround!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Ah.

This is another case where it can happen. If GM doesn't make their roster for day #2 and more, when day #2 get transfers to day #1, all players can be send to pro scratches.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français