HOW TO: Install the client in MAC OSX

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
kjb4fun
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: HOW TO: Install the client in MAC OSX

Post by kjb4fun »

Hello / Bonjour
I just had success using the V2 Client for Mac. There are a few little issues (Simon is having a look) but the main thing is that I was able to save my team file! Here is how I managed to do it (there is a fresh download as of 23 Dec for the client):
1. Installed Mono as per mono help files
2. Downloaded and unzipped V2 Client for Mac and Linux
3. Using Finder, I moved SimonTHockeySimulator.exe from my Downloads folder (unzipped sub-folder) to my Home folder (home folder has a house beside it and is the user root directory, not the computer root directory)
4. From the Applications icon on the dock and Utilities sub-folder I clicked on X11 to open a Terminal window (I also right-clicked on the X11 dock icon and used the option to Keep in Dock, for easier access).
5. My Terminal window shows : bash-3.2$
6. I typed mono SimonTHockeySimulator.exe (it's pretty long to type each time, but so be it)
7. The initial Client window opened and I was able to load my league file (note that the X11 will be showing lots of code now and some error messages, but it is still working fine)
8. Sometimes the STHS Client window doesn't show everything properly, but the team names are in their divisions and I double-clicked on mine (Simon Note : You should be able to Maximise the Windows manually)
DONT TRY FINANCES yet!
9. Roster (make sure you Copy All and then tweak them for the games listed) then Exit
10. Lines (make sure you Copy All and then tweak them) then Exit
11. Save to file
12. Exit STHS Client and then Quit X11 (then email lines to Commish)

I have a MacBookPro 15" with 4GB RAM running SnowLeopard. I'll try and help any Mac users in the V2 leagues. Simon has been great getting this sorted out today.
Merci Simon.
GM Dragons
http://sdcare.ca/dhl
Ducimus = We lead / Nous menons
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Violent Ed »

This is part of the issue. But mostly it's the commish loading the lines files then having it crash the sim. Has your commish loaded your lines yet? Let us know how your commish fares on his end.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Violent Ed, I think I fix that issue with version 2.0.2. At least, I had 1 confirmation of issues 2.0.2 fixing it in my mailbox.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Violent Ed »

YES! I just got lines from my MAC GM and they upload without CRASH!!!! This is STELLAR. I do believe it finally works.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Some day, the version 2.* will bugless like the version 1.1!! :)
-SimonT
kjb4fun

Post by kjb4fun »

Great work Simon.
Finances are also working now, but GMs should still have complete roster and complete lines first. As the first post from hfnhl says, it is best to have the client file (.stc) in the Home Folder and to save your Team Lines (.shl) there as well (I would also recommend deleting it after you send it so there is no requirement to overwrite the next time you save them).
There are still a few crashes when I don't follow the sequence, or delete the previous Team Lines, however the main thing is I am able to save my lines and my Commish is able to load them (without crashing his system)!
Bring on the next season!!
GM Dragons
kjb4fun

Post by kjb4fun »

I was having problems with 2.0.3 but apparently my League file might have been the problem. I have been able to create lines.
GM Dragons
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

just to be complete, my GM had this to say about this specific thread
yeah, i stopped following that thread when the recommendations didn't work for me. they recommend having the client file, .stc, in the home folder...if I do that, nothing works.
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
kjb4fun

Post by kjb4fun »

I have been able to load the league file but my lines don't load. They did for 2.0.1 but no more in 2.0.3. My Commish gets a 92k file from me when all the others are around 162k. When run mono simonthockeysimulator.exe it eventually starts, then says No League File Loaded. From the File menu I am able to navigate to my Downloads folder and load the league file. I can adjust my roster, make my lines, tweak all the settings, change my finances and then Save to File, being able to choose which folder I want it to save the file to. It even gives me a success window. Really disappointed right now.
GM Dragons
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

kjb4fun wrote:I have been able to load the league file but my lines don't load. They did for 2.0.1 but no more in 2.0.3. My Commish gets a 92k file from me when all the others are around 162k.
What do you mean your lines don't load?

A 92K file from Mono is normal. (No clue why but it seem normal).

P.S. See this : http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8103 (I think I know why the Mono version is mess up)
-SimonT
JeffreyD

Post by JeffreyD »

I'm having problems getting my STHS to work. When I open my x term and enter mono SimonTHockeySimulator. exe it says cannot open directory. No such file or directory. What does that mean?
JeffreyD

Post by JeffreyD »

I'm able to get my STHS up but when I try to open a file I get a pile of error messages saying system. runtime. serialization. formatters. binary. oblectreader. readtypemetadata

What does that mean?

Thanks for your help
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

You need to use the same exact STHS Client version that your commish used to create the STHS Client file. For example, if your commish is using 2.0.5 for STHS, you need to used STHS Client 2.0.5.
-SimonT
closter12

Post by closter12 »

Hi everyone.

I'm still having issues getting the client window to open at all, when I open X-11 and type "mono SimonTHockeySimulator.exe" i get this message:

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: WinForms_SeeInnerException ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.KnownColors ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus ---> System.DllNotFoundException: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.2/lib/libgdiplus.dylib
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Drawing.KnownColors..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.Color.get_Black () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_MenuAccessKeysUnderlined () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:.ctor ()
at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimonTHockeySimulator.frmMain..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoCMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimonTHockeySimulator.My.MyProject+MyForms.Create__Instance__[frmMain] (SimonTHockeySimulator.frmMain Instance) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimonTHockeySimulator.My.MyProject+MyForms.get_frmMain () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimonTHockeySimulator.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run (System.String[] commandLine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimonTHockeySimulator.My.MyApplication.Main (System.String[] Args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Can anyone shed some light on what I can do?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Sadly, I cannot. :(
-SimonT