Hockey stick is good for street hockey

Any discussion related to hockey / Toutes les discussion sur le hockey.
eugeniya
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Hockey stick is good for street hockey

Post by eugeniya »

What kind of hockey stick is good for street hockey? I am planning to play street hockey (on CEMENT) and wanting to buy a decent stick at a good price. My question is what kind of a stick is the most DURABLE and LONG LASTING for playing on cement?
Last edited by eugeniya on Sun May 22, 2011 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Re: Hockey stick is good for street hockey

Post by Icepilot »

I would just use a plain old wooden stick, Either that or an aluminum shaft with a wood blade.
If you go the composite way, they cost a lot more and you will cry each time you break the shaft.
Frogren

Post by Frogren »

pick up a cheap stick from Canadian Tire.
LEAGUES
SHFL - Pheonix Coyotes
HOFHL - LA Kings
Palmer's Retro - Toronto Maple Leafs
ILSH - Omsk Winterhawks
Cardea26

Post by Cardea26 »

Wooden sticks are used for street not aluminum. Most street leagues actually prohibit aluminum sticks, so your best bet is a wooden stick and preferably a koho if you're just starting out. My first stick was a koho ultimate and it was amazing.

find a wood stick with an ABS blade. ABS blades last longer and are designed for street hockey...

Any wood stick will do just fine, there so cheap now a days its not worth worrying about long lasting or durability since you could go buy a replacement blade for like under 10$.
But i wouldn't recommend one-piece composite sticks for street hockey. Waste of money. Wood sticks will probably have the most life, or if you don't like the feel of wood sticks just get a two piece composite stick (z-bubble, synthesis, response, etc) with a wood blade. That should work. I'm not sure if they even make z-bubbles or synthesis' anymore, they probably have a different name for them now.