Schedule creator addon

Everything about Third Party and Add-ons Programs; request, support, suggestions, etc / Tout ce qui touche les programmes tiers: demandes, support, suggestions, etc
bond007
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Schedule creator addon

Post by bond007 »

Hi

I created this addon because STHS was not able to create the schedule I really wanted.

The main advantage is giving you more control of games played against each team for "extra games" and when you don't have the same number of teams in each division because you don't only define a minimum games to play but also a maximum games. But sometimes the engine have difficulties to create a schedule if your settings makes it complicated to have a valid schedule so you might have to try a few times.

After you defined the settings to create your schedule, you will be asked your Team csv (Proteam or farmteam depending on which calendar you want) file output by STHS. After the schedule is created and you are satistied with it, you can export it and import in STHS.

Here is the link to install it: http://lchv.biz/File/Scheduler/

All suggestions are welcome.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Schedule creator addon

Post by SimonT »

After I import 30 teams under 6 divisions, it ran fine on the first run but it was very very long (A good 60 second). When I try lowering the Maximum Retry Schedule Creation from 10 to 1, I always got “Impossible to create schedule. Please verify parameters and try again.” (Note, I always keep default parameters of 82, 180, 2, 6to6, 4to4,2to2). When I start change the Intra-Division Maximum Games from 6 to 7, it’s work once and after, I always got “Impossible to create schedule. Please verify parameters and try again.”.

I have 2 questions.

What type of .Net code are you using to install your application on the computer?
How hard do you find to create a code to create an schedule?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
LHSIadmin

Post by LHSIadmin »

Works perfectly for me
bond007

Post by bond007 »

You can't create a 82 games schedule with 30 teams with those settings
You would have 94 games; 24 division games (4 teams * 6), 40 conference game (10 teams * 4) and 30 inter conference games (15*2)
I don't understand why it worked the first time

Validating setting prior trying to create the schedule might come in a future release.

It's a ClickOnce setup, there is no code to do, except if you want or have something more complicated to do. It's available in project properties.

How hard... there are easier thing to do, but I knew from the beginning where the challenges would be, so I can't say it's that complicated. It would be more complex if I introduced more factors, like distance between cities.