3.1.8 - Home ice advantage in round 3 bug

This section contains all the bug reports that have been solved in version 2 or version 3. / Cette section contient tous les rapports d'erreur qui ont été résolu dans la version 2 ou version 3.
Marc the Habs Fan
The Crazy / Le Fou

3.1.8 - Home ice advantage in round 3 bug

Post by Marc the Habs Fan »

We are using the exact same divisional format as the NHL playoffs.

The Capitals finished 3rd in their division with 90 points. They won the first 2 rounds.

The Canadiens finished as the 1st Wild Card with 92 points and were playing in the 'other' division in the playoffs. They won the first 2 rounds.

The NHL.com explanation at the bottom of the standings page is as follows for this type of scenario:

In the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Final, home-ice advantage goes to the team that had the better regular-season record -- regardless of the teams' final standing in their respective divisions.

This type of scenario has yet to happen in the NHL with the current format but I trust that their website is accurate.

So when we simmed, the schedule came out and the Capitals were given home ice advantage despite having 2 fewer points because they finished in a division slot and the Canadiens were a Wild Card team.

In the manual, it says that we should be able to edit the schedule but apparently we are not able to change anything aside from the order of the games. All the other options are grey'ed out meaning we can't use them.

Thankfully we have a backup and can go back to the day before and re-sim to have the same teams win and then have the correct schedule.

Just alerting you though that there is a bug here in the sim.
2M4B - online since 2003-2004
http://www.2m4b.com
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Home ice advantage in round 3 bug

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

Can you send me backup of your file by email so I can reproduced the error? It'll take me 2-3 weeks to look at it but I'll get back to you.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Showtime Hockey
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by Showtime Hockey »

C'est exactement ça qui m'a arrivé comme situation vla 2-3 semaines Simon. Je t'avais aussi envoyé un mail la-dessus, sauf que de mon coté je n'ai pas resimulé comme Marc l'a fait. On a continué les playoffs quand même, et l'équipe qui devait avoir avantage de la glace a été compréhensible, mais bon. Il serait bon de pouvoir modifié la schedule aussi en playoffs comme on peu le faire durant la saison régulière, le problème serait réglé.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Si je peux reproduire le problème, je vais le corriger.
-SimonT
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

For 3.1.9, Fix a very rare issue in the Playoff where the Home Advantage would be incorrect in the Conference Final if the Wild Card Teams had more points in the regular season when the other teams in the playoff.
-SimonT