Beta-Testing the Version 2.1 of Simulation Engine

This temporary section in English only contains idea / feedback / suggestion / problem related to the simulation engine beta.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Beta-Testing the Version 2.1 of Simulation Engine

Post by SimonT »

Hi everyone.

In the next versions of the STHS (2.0.3 and more), you’ll be able to activate the version 2.1 of the simulation engine with a manual command “V21 Engine Test” without the quotes to beta-test the simulation engine. When you’ll run this command, the option to run the simulation engine 2.1 will appear in the league option. But running this command will make the simulator in a temporary mode where you will be unable to save your league and unable to output the STHS Client file.

They are some key thing that you must be aware of if you’ll be evaluating the simulation engine 2.1. I’m programming the simulation engine in 2 steps: Fatigue and Physique (Fight, Hits and Penalty) is step #1 while Offense (passing, scoring and goalies) is step #2.

The reason why I work this way is because each step has an impact on the other steps. If the fatigue is incorrect, all the settings that depend on fatigue (Hits, Penalty, and Fight) will be off balance. And of course, if hits, penalty, and fight are off balance, offense specially power play will be off balance. The key to have the right offense in the STHS is to have the right fatigue, hits, penalty, and fight before.

In the version 2.0.3 the STHS, only step #1 (Fatigue, Fight, Hits and Penalty) will have been modified in the simulation engine 2.1. So the number for offense will be TOTALLY off balance and it’s normal for this version if you are testing the simulating engine 2.1!

So, if you are testing the simulation engine 2.1 in the version 2.0.3, I wish to get feedback related to fatigue, hits, penalty and fight settings only. I know most of feedback I got in the past was related to scoring, passing and goalies but it’s critical that I have the right fatigue, hits, penalty, and fight before I start playing on offense.

Please note that for my test, I’m using 4 set of rating: ACCH 2006-2007, ACCH 2007-2008, ACCH 2008-2009, and ACCH 2009-2010. I build 4 leagues files using those rating running the following option:
1. Ran an automatic fantasy draft follow by an Auto-Roster and Auto-Lines
2. Disabled finance, waiver, injuries, suspension option in the general pro simulation option.
3. Activate the ‘coaches disabled’ and ‘morale disabled’ option in the general pro simulation option.
4. Disabled the farm simulation.
5. Import the same schedule for all 4 leagues.
6. Start Season and run the Automatic Test Command.

For version 2.0.3, I simulated over 10,000 seasons to tweak the 2.1 simulation engine to have the right fatigue, hits, penalty, and fight formula. For result, I take a look at the AutomaticTest.csv file created and I merge all the Players CSV file together to see if the players stat match their ratings. I made sure the players who have the best fighting rating have the best average of fight per minutes play, same thing for hits and penalty.

When I will release the version 2.0.3 (Probably in the next 7 days), I’ll be anxious to get your feedback on the work that I have done.

Thank you.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français