Unique ID

This temporary section in English only contains idea / feedback / suggestion / problem related to the simulation engine beta.
Président ANHS
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: Unique ID

Post by Président ANHS »

The goal is not to keep the player in the STHS, but to make sure that you have a new player ID for each new player inserted so that when we archive things on our website and that we call back info from old files, that the same player ID is not used again. It makes things easier to run on websites to go by a number than by name because you could have two players with the same name in different eras of the league.

Personally, once the player is retired, I delete him from the sim. But if it's simple to assign a new user ID by going by increment everytime a new player is created, then it would help a lot.
Steff Thouin
Président ANHS Commish
www.anhs.qc.ca

21 ans / 30 saisons de simulation
21 years / 30 sim seasons
JimToupet
STHS Dynamic Website Contributor

Post by JimToupet »

By reusing ID over time it's like saying that seasons/players/teams are not linked each other while the are (carreer stats, expansion, team moving city but same concession, etc).

Like said earlier, having a Unique ID over time would be a great step forward for all web/application developper. Mostly when come the time to take decision if the data must be add or update.

I love to see STHS evolve like it is. That change of the FHL world where I've been for 14 years!

Keep up the good work Simon.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

The STHS has a unique ID over time in both the CSV, XML and SQLite.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
JimToupet

Post by JimToupet »

Is it Number or InternalNumber ?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Number. The InternalNumber is for the STHS only to make link between table Inside the STHS.
-SimonT
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

If a player is deactivated by league rules (i.E. goes to Europe for a few years or retires) and then comes back, it is much easier to be able to just reactivate the player under the same sim number that he previously had. Otherwise, you have to keep the player in your "unassigned list" for as long as he is gone -or- delete him from the sim while he's gone, then re-create him under a brand new ID and go into their SQL and switch all of their past information over to the new ID. It's a pain for guys like Joakim Lindstrom who keep leaving and coming back.
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
JimToupet

Post by JimToupet »

I agree with Owen.

If it's possible to, instead of putting unrated players in prospect list when updating rating, having those players on a league leaving/retired status. They will stay linked to their last team and have their ID kept. It will be easy to reinstated them to their team without screw the players history in a league.

Having a particular status, it should be easy to print out a new page (xml, csv and SQLite table) with this info and exclude those players on other existing output.

A league commish should be able to manually put a player in this status.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hey.

In 2.3.2, I add 2 new manual command : ‘Change 1 Player Unique ID’ & ‘Change 1 Goalie Unique ID' for this purpose.
-SimonT