Disappointed.

This temporary section in English only contains idea / feedback / suggestion / problem related to the simulation engine beta.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Disappointed.

Post by SimonT »

On Friday 28th of January, I released version 2.0.3 with the abilities to beta-test the version 2.1 of the simulation engine. With the number of person who complains about version 2.0 of the simulation engine, I was hoping to get a lot of feedback from this, especially since you have full access to the automatic test features now.

Today, we are the 22thof February (24 days since release date) and I have not received a single feedback! Why?? Should I assume that the fatigue, fight, hits and penalty in the version 2.1 of simulation engine is perfect? Or should I assume that nobody really cares?

I’m posting this message for one reason. I’m giving you all the chance to express concern about the version 2.1 of simulation engine while I’m programming it. If you decided to start complaining about the version 2.1 of the simulation engine in a couple of month after it’s finished, I’ll be pissed off and I’ll ignore you. I’m not a reactive person, I’m a proactive person.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Martinj
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: Disappointed.

Post by Martinj »

People care! I'm sure!

I haven't been watching the forum lately. I actually haven't been watching it at all since I am still kind of new in Hockey Simulation. However, I am involved in a league with the rating. I am actually the one deciding how the rating is made. So I am very interested in any changes you will make with the Simulation Engine. I heard the rating for PH, PA, SC, DF, should be from 0 to 100 in order to fit with the Simulation Engine of v2.0. Is that true? It sounds a little bit extreme, especially that some league like to have AHL rating. In the two league I'm in, the PH, PA, SC and DF rating are from 60 to 99. In one of the two league we will change it from 50 to 99 in order to give more value to the best players. We also hope it will make the parity not as strong and therefore make the results looks more realistic. I really think the engine for 2.0 is great. It seems like the coaching became a really important part of the game and I love it. However I agree that it should be easier to win for team that have players with good rating and harder for those that don't. But it is not has bad as I have heard from some people, in my opinion.

I didn't know you would change bring some change to the engine since I heard you will not change it anymore. So I am excited to hear you have the interest and motivation to do so in order to improve it.

Thanks!
Martin
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

I have only been home for one week since last week of January.

Sorry I can't make sths testing my priority :) I'm barely able to make sure my own league is still running.
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

anyways so far, in the v2.0.... In my league we find that the results are pretty realistic except for some minor things. Testing by autoroster autoline is probably not a good control method of testing.

Maybe I will try to find a way to run my league both in V2 an V2.1 simultaneously
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

Just to tell you, been very busy during winter, played a lot of hockey outside so didn't put much time in testing. Ice rinks will be closed shortly, so I'm gonna have a lot of time on my hand soon
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
jwr38
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by jwr38 »

I have been very busy in Jan and feb with paper work and meetings and it seems march is going to be the same. Joys of work. I have run a few tests and i will post the results for people to look over and give ideas later.
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

No offense but we're paying customers and you expect us to test this software and give you feedback? It should be you doing the testing or hiring paid testers.

I realize that this is as a result of the complaints you recieved but don't get mad and act like we have an obligation to do all this for you.
jwr38

Post by jwr38 »

Well to offer a different opinion I don't mind doing testing if my findings are being used and looked into. I think you find most developers get the public to beta their software and Simon is doing the right thing here by asking people to test it.I just hope he looks into those things we are finding and letting us know.
slapshot

Post by slapshot »

Yeah I agree with that part, he has the right to offer people the chance to test it and everything but it's this stuff that bothers me:

"Today, we are the 22thof February (24 days since release date) and I have not received a single feedback! Why?? Should I assume that the fatigue, fight, hits and penalty in the version 2.1 of simulation engine is perfect? Or should I assume that nobody really cares?"

"If you decided to start complaining about the version 2.1 of the simulation engine in a couple of month after it’s finished, I’ll be pissed off and I’ll ignore you."
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

A lot of biggest software companies in the world (Microsoft, Google, etc…) use their customers to test their software.

You complain about simulation engine 2.0, I try to fix with 2.1. How will I know if I fix correctly if you don’t try it out?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
tylchel

Post by tylchel »

tout se passe en anglais......

Je suis français.... et les test tout est écrit en anglais.. donc penses-tu réellement que ça m'intéresse de faire des tests quand tous les messages etc..etc.. sont en anglais...

Non ... donc je ne fais aucun test...

Je n'ai absolument rien contre la lanque anglaise là... il ne faut pas voir ça comme si j'aurais quelque chose... mais je ne parle pas anglais alors pour moi ce n'est pas intéressant de faire quelque chose quand je ne suis pas capable de suivre les discusions....
Michel Gagnon
https://oldthl.com/