Quick thoughts on RTSS

This temporary section in English only contains idea / feedback / suggestion / problem related to the simulation engine beta.
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Quick thoughts on RTSS

Post by QSHL »

Hi!

I plan on doing some tests later on this month, but for the time being, I just completed my first season with V2.0. What struck most GMs of my league is the fact that some RTSS (real-time stats like hits, shots blocked, takeaways, etc.) are not realistic.

Now that might just be my league, but I'll throw in some numbers...

HITS
When I look at my top-10 and top-30 of Hits, I notice it's mostly D-men who rank higher at a 60% rate (6/10 and 19/30).
When I look at the NHL's tops, I notice it's mostly forwards who rank higher at a 70+% rate. (9/10 and 19/30).

SHOTS BLOCKED
Nothing wrong here as D get all spots on the top-30s of both leagues.

TAKEAWAY
Now here's where my GMs feel there is a problem.
In my league's top-30, it's a 100% ratio of D. There are no forwards whatsoever.
In the NHL, 25 of the top 26 guys are forwards, the only exception being Byfuglien.
That's a HUGE difference.
Now, as I said, I'll test later on to see if it's my ratings that are wrong, but maybe it's something that you could explain Simon?

GIVEAWAY
Same problem, but the other way around. More than half of NHL's top-30 are D (17) and other than the top-2, the next 9 guys are D.
In my league, there are no D whatsoever in my top-30. Only forwards.
Same comment. Is it possible that you coded these two the other way around?! :shock:
Other leagues, did you notice the same problem?

I mean, in real life... The players who turn over the puck are often the D who are too low in their own zones while the forwards are over-stretching the play. Or losing the puck while battling around the boards.

And big, fiesty wingers get most takeaways as they battle hard along the boards to steal away the puck, or pressuring the D deep into the zone and catching up a bad pass made under pressure.

Sure there are other situations (forwards making lame passes while entering the O-zone, or D like Lidstrom stealing pucks from opponants). But these aren't the majority, contrary to what my first season is showing me.

Comments are all welcome!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Quick thoughts on RTSS

Post by SimonT »

In the NHL, defenseman hit 36% league wide. But I only look at league wide; I never look at the top 10 or top 30. In my view, your result is probably because your forward CK stat is too high.

I never did any research on take-away or give-away. Maybe I’m not calculating give-away and take-away like the NHL does.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by QSHL »

I didn't put this into "2.1 Beta" forum because those stats come from 2.0, for what it's worth.

I'll try testing to lower my CK.

Thanks to have a look at take/gives.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

I move it because most of simulation engine topic are in this forum. Maybe I should rename it.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français