The QSHL is still worried

This temporary section in English only contains idea / feedback / suggestion / problem related to the simulation engine beta.
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

The QSHL is still worried

Post by QSHL »

I've been running tests again with the new PP slider.

And let me tell you, I'm still really worried about the upcoming 2.1 version.

Last time I did test (http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8316) I found pretty much the perfect settings for our league in terms of goals scored, shots, PIMs and hits. We've even found a good balance between D vs FWD shots, goals etc.

We had two major concerns :
- PP was too high. Impossible to get down.
- We had 200+ point seasons from guys, while some teams didn't even score 200 goals throughout a season.

So the amount of goals scored was good, but not the distribution.

With my latest PP tests, I noticed that the PP slider had very very little effect on other stats. Goals For didn't budge much, which means that less PP goals meant more 5-on-5 goals.

I've got my PP% down to an acceptable level.

===

But...

My other problem remains, and because of that single problem, I don't think we'll switch over to 2.1

Here's my top-5 :
K Pasipanen 258 points
M Pasipanen 232 points
I Beresnev 174 points
J Rybar 171 points
I Sauvé 168 points

Here's the single player with the best attributes and who's meant to be the Alexander Ovechkin / Sidney Crosby of our league :
Alex Olvalchov 39 points

Here's the breakdown of two teams of similar value right now in the V2.0
Beresnev 174
Rybar 171
Sauvé 168
V Beranek 160
Dorais 132
Ramsey 80
Perreault 75
Salkela 70
Alzner 55
Kraft 31
Turcotte 25
Dugas 25
Higgins 22
Bélanger 20
Tremblay 15
Poutianen 7
Fleurant 6
Jarvela 3

VS

Dubois 40
Lapierre 39
Gosselin 39
Needermayer 37
Lemieux 30
Leduc 23
Desrosiers 20
Weber 18
Bradley 17
Bellefleur 17
Veskolen 9
Krygier 9
Boivin 8
Veilleux 7
Tanikov 4
Shistov 2
Frank 2

I will not run seasons with such a great differences between teams -- when in fact, there are no such difference at all.

I've modified the ratings of my players. Don't tell me to do that. I've reduced, and upgraded, and reduced SK, CK, PH, PA, SC and DF for forwards/defense already. And since I feel that whatever I do, Olvalchov is meant to be the top guy and he's not even a 40 pts player, I think it makes no sense at all :

Olvalchov 91 35 99 87 86 93 90 88 73 89 89 95 99 52 70
At 89PA and 89SC, he's meant to be able to both pass and score goals, and now he can't do either one.