Any Ideas?

This temporary section in English only contains idea / feedback / suggestion / problem related to the simulation engine beta.
Kronide
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Any Ideas?

Post by Kronide »

Hi,

I've been testing the 2.1 engine for a couple of days now (over 20 simulation).

I tried to change my players attributes as little as possible and I played a lot with the simulation sliders.

For my last few simulations, I had some good results. Though, even if the league's averages is as I want them, the best players are just to good.

To give you an idea, the average goals scored by game is around 2.6 and 2.8 per team per game with the best team recording 3.8 and the worst 1.98. But each season (I did 5 simulations with the same settings) I see a player with over 70 goals and over 160 points. Note also that the goalers' stats are just like I want them (around ,915).

My problem is, if I try to reduce those numbers to be around 55-60 goals and 130-140 points, the worst teams just get aweful with a mere 1.5 goal per game... and a best scorer with around 50 pts.

To be clear, I love to see the best being the best and the worst very far behind, and I can live with those kind of stats even if its a bit weird to see Gretzky's records threatened every season...

My current settings are:
Coaches = 30
Fights = 15
Goals = 26
Penalties = 20
Morale = 1
Shots = 40
Hits = 50
PP = 30

And I reduced the Scoring, passing and puck handling of all defencemen by, respectively, 10,8 and 5. I also reduced all forwards puck handling by 5.

My question is, do you have any ideas to reduce the best scorer totals (mostly goal totals) but keeping decent numbers for the worst teams?
august
The Crazy / Le Fou

Re: Any Ideas?

Post by august »

Same for me.
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by QSHL »

This reflects exactly the test I've been running http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8646 and previously http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8316.

My league has voted NOT to switch to 2.1 until that matter is resolved.
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

I found the same thing here with my test runs... good players are too good and my league decided to go with v2.0 (but I really wanted to go with v2.1 and all it's new stuff)

http://simont.info/sths/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8826

I feel for Simon though, it seems he adjusted the simulation in 2.1 because the raters did not adapt and use the full range properly but now they are adapting to v2.0 and v2.1 comes out and blows things up :) Vicious cycle. But even in my traditional ratings test, the best players were still way too good.

I liked how NAIHL wide set ratings with V2.0 looked in my test runs though.
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
mathineau
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by mathineau »

Anyone know in 2.1 ? We are thinking to make the switch too but we are having the same problems even with very low settings. Better players are way too good.

---

Quelqu'un a passé à la version 2.1 finalement ? Nous pensons faire le changement nous aussi, mais nous avons les mêmes problèmes même si nos réglages sont très bons. Les meilleurs joueurs sont tout simplement trop forts.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Tu dois modifier tes cotes de tes joueurs aussi si tu veux utiliser la V2.1.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Kronide
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Kronide »

Peux-tu nous donner un "guideline" pour les cotes à modifier?

J'ai fait plus de 100 tests en changeant les cotes. J'ai baissé le PA, le PH, le SC, j'ai baissé les gardiens, monté les gardiens, joué avec le SK, le DI, et toutes les autres cotes d'a peu près toutes les façons possibles... et pourtant, peu importe ce que je fais, mes meilleurs joueurs font 100 buts et 200 points.

Par contre, la moyenne de buts des équipes et la moyenne de buts dans la ligue est correcte, j'ai juste une 15aine de joueurs trop forts... ce qui fait que, dans une équipe qui marque 250 buts, 2 joueurs s'en partagent 150 et les 16 autres en ont l'autre centaine...

En fait, j'ai trouvé une façon de faire qui est pas mal, mais je préfère l'ignorer... Dans ce test, j'avais mes pires joueurs avec des cotes autour de 70 et mes meilleurs autour de 75. Les chiffres avaient alors bien du bon sens. Par contre, quand Sidney Crosby a les mêmes cotes que Maxime Lapierre, mettons que la ligue perd de sa saveur! et aussitôt qu'on fait les recottes, on vient de tout reperdre.

Je me demandais, pour les ligues basées sur les cotes NHL, vous allez faire quoi? Le fichier de cotes fonctionne pour la 2.1?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Malheureusement, je n'ai pas de GuideLines. J'ai basé mes tests sur les cotes ACCH 2009-2010.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français