Help recovering simhl.net account

Everything about SIM Hockey League Web Portal Version 2:; request, support, suggestions, etc / Tout ce qui touche au SIM Hockey League Web Portal: demandes, support, suggestions, etc
Locked
cyanwinters
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:05 am

Help recovering simhl.net account

Post by cyanwinters » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:10 am

Alright, my league (RedditHL) was founded over a year ago by someone else. I took it over before the season began and have been running it since.

We use the simhl.net portal, currently version 2.2 and are hoping to upgrade. However, we have no idea what our login info for simhl.net is. The original owner of the league has emailed and gotten no response, and we've tried every username/email we could think of for password recovery to no avail. We'd obviously like to not spend more money just because our login information disappeared.

So, in hopes that we can actually get a reply from someone, I have come to these forums.

Thanks!

Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur
Posts: 1701
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 10:05 am
Location: Duncan, BC
Contact:

Re: Help recovering simhl.net account

Post by Icepilot » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Login info will be found in the simhl-setup.php or setting.php located on the previous owners computer (If he kept this info)
If you have a active FTP to the site you can still download those files to find it.
If he does not have an active FTP connection then you are out of luck and have to start from scratch.
I know of no other way to find a login, password for the portal.

User avatar
Steelhawk
The Crazy / Le Fou
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: Hamilton
Contact:

Re: Help recovering simhl.net account

Post by Steelhawk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Icepilot wrote:Login info will be found in the simhl-setup.php or setting.php located on the previous owners computer (If he kept this info)
If you have a active FTP to the site you can still download those files to find it.
If he does not have an active FTP connection then you are out of luck and have to start from scratch.
I know of no other way to find a login, password for the portal.

I believe he actually means for the simhl website, so they can download Version 3.2 to upgrade their portal

Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur
Posts: 1701
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 10:05 am
Location: Duncan, BC
Contact:

Re: Help recovering simhl.net account

Post by Icepilot » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Steelhawk wrote:
Icepilot wrote:Login info will be found in the simhl-setup.php or setting.php located on the previous owners computer (If he kept this info)
If you have a active FTP to the site you can still download those files to find it.
If he does not have an active FTP connection then you are out of luck and have to start from scratch.
I know of no other way to find a login, password for the portal.

I believe he actually means for the simhl website, so they can download Version 3.2 to upgrade their portal
Can you do me a favor while i have you here ?

Your running the 3.2 version of the portal.
Can you send me just these files that you have from your portal. Want to see if they fix my issues.

add_article.php
facebook.php
twitteroauth.php
status_update.php

Thanks

User avatar
Steelhawk
The Crazy / Le Fou
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: Hamilton
Contact:

Re: Help recovering simhl.net account

Post by Steelhawk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:46 pm

Icepilot wrote:
Steelhawk wrote:
Icepilot wrote:Login info will be found in the simhl-setup.php or setting.php located on the previous owners computer (If he kept this info)
If you have a active FTP to the site you can still download those files to find it.
If he does not have an active FTP connection then you are out of luck and have to start from scratch.
I know of no other way to find a login, password for the portal.

I believe he actually means for the simhl website, so they can download Version 3.2 to upgrade their portal
Can you do me a favor while i have you here ?

Your running the 3.2 version of the portal.
Can you send me just these files that you have from your portal. Want to see if they fix my issues.

add_article.php
facebook.php
twitteroauth.php
status_update.php

Thanks

I'll zip them up and email them to you tomorrow

User avatar
Steelhawk
The Crazy / Le Fou
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: Hamilton
Contact:

Re: Help recovering simhl.net account

Post by Steelhawk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Icepilot wrote:
Steelhawk wrote:
Icepilot wrote:Login info will be found in the simhl-setup.php or setting.php located on the previous owners computer (If he kept this info)
If you have a active FTP to the site you can still download those files to find it.
If he does not have an active FTP connection then you are out of luck and have to start from scratch.
I know of no other way to find a login, password for the portal.

I believe he actually means for the simhl website, so they can download Version 3.2 to upgrade their portal
Can you do me a favor while i have you here ?

Your running the 3.2 version of the portal.
Can you send me just these files that you have from your portal. Want to see if they fix my issues.

add_article.php
facebook.php
twitteroauth.php
status_update.php

Thanks

Sent

Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur
Posts: 1701
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 10:05 am
Location: Duncan, BC
Contact:

Re: Help recovering simhl.net account

Post by Icepilot » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:51 pm

Did not need them after all. My problem was fixed once i converted my database from php 5.0 to php 5.3.

User avatar
Steelhawk
The Crazy / Le Fou
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: Hamilton
Contact:

Re: Help recovering simhl.net account

Post by Steelhawk » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Icepilot wrote:Did not need them after all. My problem was fixed once i converted my database from php 5.0 to php 5.3.
How did you do this convert?

Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur
Posts: 1701
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 10:05 am
Location: Duncan, BC
Contact:

Re: Help recovering simhl.net account

Post by Icepilot » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Steelhawk wrote:
Icepilot wrote:Did not need them after all. My problem was fixed once i converted my database from php 5.0 to php 5.3.
How did you do this convert?
Via my hosting control panel.
I searched for php 5 and followed the directions on how to upgrade my database. Clicked a few buttons and about 10 minutes later it was done.

Locked