V2: 2.2.9 / STHS -- 2.2.9 / Client

Official Announcements / Annonces Officiel
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

V2: 2.2.9 / STHS -- 2.2.9 / Client

Post by SimonT »

On this day of March 7th 2015, version 2.2.9 of the SimonT Hockey Simulator Version 2 (STHS V2) is released and version 2.2.9 of STHS V2 Client is released.

I consider this release as the beta version for the future 2.3.0 version. There is a multitude of new options that deserve to be tested by more than couple of people before they are used by everyone and I’m confident that I’ll get feedback and ideas about the new default website of STHS. Unfortunately, One of the new features (Allowing GMs to add news on the main page of the website) will crash old versions of the STHS Client. If you are now using STHS version 2.3.0, ALL of your GMs need to update to STHS Clientversion 2.2.9 or higher. Please also note that if the "Output STHS Default CSS File" option is not active, it will be re-activated the first time you use version 2.2.9 or higher. The new STHS default website requires that the CSS file works correctly.

The complete list of changes since the last version is available in the Version History section.

Thank you.

En ce jour du 7 Mars 2015, la version 2.2.9 du SimonT Hockey Simulator Version 2 (STHS V2) est disponible et la version 2.2.9 du STHS V2 Client est disponible.

Je considère cette version comme la version bêta de la future version 2.3.0. Il y a une multitude de nouvelles options qui méritent d'être testées par plus que quelques personnes avant qu'elles ne soient utilisées par tous et je suis convaincu que je vais obtenir des commentaires et idées sur le nouveau site web par défaut du STHS. Malheureusement, l'une des nouvelles fonctionnalités (Autoriser les DG à ajouter des nouvelles sur la page principale du site web) brise les anciennes versions du STHS Client. Si vous commencez à utiliser la version 2.2.9 du STHS, TOUS vos DG doivent mettre à jour le STHS Client à la version 2.2.9. Veuillez prendre note que si l’option « Output STHS Default CSS File » n’est pas active, elle sera réactivée la première fois que vous utiliserez la version 2.2.9. Le nouveau site web par défaut du STHS a besoin du fichier CSS à jours pour fonctionner correctement.

La liste complète des modifications depuis la dernière version est disponible dans la section l'Historique des Versions (Anglais seulement).

Merci.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: V2: 2.2.9 / STHS -- 2.2.9 / Client

Post by Owen »

Not 2.28? :wink:

Darn, I was really hoping to get that referee thing taken care of. Many of the new features sound great though! Especially the misconducts.
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Referee thing?
-SimonT
frank86
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by frank86 »

you should check Latest result from the Index

Most often its not the good scores that appears. I'm getting scores like 29-1 or 28-3

Plus we dont always see the boxscore link under the score
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Can you show me your index page?
-SimonT
frank86

Post by frank86 »

buckie54
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by buckie54 »

I get an error pop up when i output all the info.

But it still outputs everything.

anyone else>
Thanks
Brent
OCHL Commish
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

The first is stupid bug. It show the Home Team Internal Number instead of Home Team Score. :( I just fix it.

What your error popup buckie?
-SimonT
opeth771

Post by opeth771 »

Holy crap i'm impressed with the new website export! Good job Simon seriously... The only thing is, that I am getting the sqlite DLL error even though I have the DLL in the program's folder.. Should I put it in system32 ?
opeth771

Post by opeth771 »

I found something.. When a player has been traded, an extra row is created for each team the player has played previously. I think that it should be in the same row, because when we sort by points or goals for instance, the player appears multiple times in the list.
opeth771

Post by opeth771 »

SimonT wrote:The first is stupid bug. It show the Home Team Internal Number instead of Home Team Score. :( I just fix it.

What your error popup buckie?
I downloaded the latest version on the website and I have the same issue. Any idea?

Thanks
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

I didn't make a new build. I don't think I'll not create a new build of 2.2.9 before Avril. As a temporary workaround, just don't output the index page of new 2.2.9 for now. The 2.2.9 is a beta version. If you want to return to something, please redownload 2.2.7.
-SimonT
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi everyone.

I have created a new build of the STHS V2 2.2.9 and STHS V2 Client 2.2.9. The version build number is 2.2.9.10 and you can download them in the download section. I made a couple of compatibility test and here are my findings:

If the STHS 2.2.7 is trying to load a Team File done by STHS Client 2.2.9.10 AND the STHS Client File used by the Client was create by version 2.2.9 of the STHS, you’ll have “The objectManager found an invalid number of fixups” error.

If the STHS Client 2.2.7 is trying to load a STHS Client File create by the STHS 2.2.9.10, you’ll have “The objectManager found an invalid number of fixups” error.

The STHS Client 2.2.9.10 should be able to open STHS Client File done create by STHS 2.2.7 or lower. In that case, the STHS 2.2.7 or lower should be able to load Team File done by the STHS Client 2.2.9.10.

The STHS 2.2.9.10 should be open able to load Team File done by the STHS Client 2.2.7 or lower in case the DG didn’t upload his STHS Client and the STHS Client File since you move to 2.2.9. (This was an issue of the first build).

Here is the change log of 2.2.9.10 versus 2.2.9.

Fix an issue with the All-Star Game simulation where your league goalies default option would apply and in some case, a goalie would be change before completing is 20 minutes. The STHS now force some crazy number (ex: 99 minimum # of goals) before changing goalies in a period in an all-star game.
Fix an issue with the new index output where the Home Team Score would be incorrect (It show the Home Team Internal Number instead).
Fix an issue where you would have an “object reference not set to an instance of an object” with the new index output if you have load GM lines created by the STHS V2 Client prior to 2.2.9.
Fix an issue with the "New NHL 13-14 Playoff Format" option where it would apply in you had 3 divisions per conference.
The team's direct links in the new website menu are now order by alphabetically order.
Fix an issue with the Standing new webpage where OT & SO wins are not defined properly.
Fix some issues with the Player Scoring page when for players who were trade during their season.
Modify the Finance page so the player’s salaries with 1 way contract show correctly based on the “Pro Salary in Farm / 1 Way Contract Salary Cap %” option value.
Fix an issue with the STHS Client 2.2.9 where opening the Team Finance Windows from a STHS Client File create by the version 2.2.7 or below of the STHS was causing an error.
Add warning message when you try to setup Arena Ticket Price that is higher than the league maximum price.
Create a new option call ‘Do not Output Top Menu’ that allow you to not output the top menu and webpage close to what they were in version 2.2.7 or below.

I’ll let you look at those new build and give me your feedback.

P.S. In 2 weeks, I plan on releasing version 2.3.0.
-SimonT
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

I assume everyone is happy with the 2.2.9.10 build I did? I have no hear any news about it.
-SimonT
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

SimonT wrote:There are a multitude of new options that deserve to be tested by more than couple of person before they are used by everyone and I’m confident that I’ll get feedback and ideas about the new default website of the STHS.
Hi Simon,

I am running Version 3.2 of the portal seen here: www.NHLSL.com

In the bold quoted above, you mention a new website. Is there a different portal from what I am using and if so, are there any leagues using it that can be linked so I can see them and decide if we should be changing?

Thanks in advance.

BJ