V2: 2.3.0 / STHS -- 2.3.0 / Client

Official Announcements / Annonces Officiel
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

V2: 2.3.0 / STHS -- 2.3.0 / Client

Post by SimonT »

On this day of April 24th 2015, version 2.3.0 of SimonT Hockey Simulator Version 2 (STHS V2) is released and version 2.3.0 of STHS V2 Client is released.

These releases fix all reported issues since I released version 2.9.9. The complete list of changes since the last version is available in the Version History section. I would like to thank everyone who tested and reported issues in version 2.2.9.

Reminder: One of the new features (Allowing GMs to add news on the main page of the website) will crash old versions of the STHS Client. If you are now using STHS version 2.3.0, ALL of your GMs need to update to STHS Client version 2.2.9 or higher. Please also note that if the "Output STHS Default CSS File" option is not active, it will be re-activated the first time you use version 2.2.9 or higher. The new STHS default website requires that the CSS file works correctly.

The complete list of changes since the last version is available in the Version History section.

Thank you.

En ce jour du 24 Avril Mars 2015, la version 2.3.0 du SimonT Hockey Simulator Version 2 (STHS V2) est disponible et la version 2.3.0 du STHS V2 Client est disponible.

Ces versions réparent toutes les erreurs qui m'ont été rapportées depuis la publication de la version 2.2.9. La liste complète des modifications depuis la dernière version est disponible dans la section l'Historique des Versions (Anglais seulement). J’aimerais remercier tout le monde qui ont testé et signalé des problèmes dans la version 2.2.9.

Rappel: Une des nouvelles fonctionnalités (Autoriser les DG à ajouter des nouvelles sur la page principale du site web) brise les anciennes versions du STHS Client. Si vous commencez à utiliser la version 2.3.0 du STHS, TOUS vos DG doivent mettre à jour le STHS Client à la version 2.2.9 ou plus. Veuillez prendre note que si l’option « Output STHS Default CSS File » n’est pas active, elle sera réactivée la première fois que vous utiliserez la version 2.2.9 ou plus. Le nouveau site web par défaut du STHS a besoin du fichier CSS à jours pour fonctionner correctement.

La liste complète des modifications depuis la dernière version est disponible dans la section l'Historique des Versions (Anglais seulement).

Merci.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Président ANHS
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: V2: 2.3.0 / STHS -- 2.3.0 / Client

Post by Président ANHS »

Très déçu des outputs de cette nouvelle version.

Déjà à la 2e journée de la saison régulière de ma nouvelle saison et les liens sur la page d'index ne fonctionnent plus, sauf "Teams Direct Link". Les autres ne réagissent pas quand on clique dessus.

Très difficile de se diriger avec les nouveaux menus. Il était beaucoup plus facile de tout trouver rapidement avec l'ancienne page d'index. Maintenant, il faut faire au moins un clic de plus pour arriver à une page. En utilisation web, c'est contre productif. C'était beaucoup mieux avant et beaucoup plus "web user friendly" avec l'ancienne page d'index.

Les pages Roster et Team Scoring sont très lourdes visuellement avec toutes les tables et le "grillage" et impossible de modifier la taille du texte, ce qui fait que plus rien ne fite en largeur dans le frame de mon site web.

Seule innovation intéressante au niveau des output: la possibilité d'ajouter des nouvelles. Belle innovation. Pour le reste, déception.

Pour vérifier ma page d'index avec les liens qui ne fonctionnent pas: www.anhs.qc.ca/output_saison

Ma suggestion: Offrir la possibilité d'avoir les anciens outputs et les nouveaux dans le simulateur. Honnêtement, si les outputs ne sont pas améliorés ou que les tables (grillage) ne sont pas retirés, je vais sérieusement reconsidérer revenir à la version 2.2.7 que j'utilisais avant l'update.

Également, bogue qui mentionne quelque chose à propos du SQL lite à toutes les fois que je simule des matchs et qui apparaît (j'ai pas le screenshot avec moi présentement mais je pourrai le poster plus tard.)
Steff Thouin
Président ANHS Commish
www.anhs.qc.ca

21 ans / 30 saisons de simulation
21 years / 30 sim seasons
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Tes liens ne fonctionnent pas car tu as seulement Outputter la page Index. Les liens sont créer seulement quand la pages Index est créé en même temps que tout les autres page.

Dit-moi c'est quoi ton bug avec SQLite s.v.p.
-SimonT
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

GMs can use the new client 2.29 or 2.3 even if the league is still using the 2.27 simulator, correct?
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Correct.
-SimonT
PNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by PNHL »

Pas un fan non plus de la nouvelle interface, mais j'imagine que je n'ai juste pas a mettre la .css et je serai ok
RockNPucks
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by RockNPucks »

Hey there,

Really not a fan of the new layouts either. I did my first output upon completion of our playoffs and immediatly reverted to the 2.7.7. version (had to "open computer to a previous date in time") . The new layouts totally messes up our website overall presentation. Although I do understand that there would be a market for such a visual presentation (e.g. for a new league that's starting or for someone who's looking for an alternative to the commonly used "dynamic portal"), I was really stunned and unimpressed by the result. Essentially, it forces me to learn a new programming language, hoever simple that may or may not be - being to familiar (and satisfied) with basic HTML programming. The use of "heavy graphics" makes it really hard to browse through ratings and will be unwelcoming to our long running GMs. We used the same layout for the past 14 years. We tried a "dynamic portal" two years ago and reverted to our good old website.

While I understand the New Schoolers might prefer the new layouts, I would recommand that version 2.3.1. offers Old Schoolers the choice to output as they want rather than automaticaly engaging the new configuration as version 2.3.0. does right now.

That said, the ability to create news from the website will be, for some, a welcome addition.
In our league, our GMs don't really make any use of this, but we still created a "forum" space to our GMs to express themselves - but we've never spent too much time on that part of the website, cuz quite frankly, our GMs don't really care about "making headlines". They let the WINS speak for themselves :wink:

So all and all, I will stick to version 2.7.7. until version 2.3 (which will inevitably introduce the 2016 Draft Lottery setting (lottery for not only the 1st Overall selection but also picks number two and three)) allows us, old schooler, to stay in our good old HTML ways.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

Did you try the output the 2.3.0 with the “Do Not Output Top Menu” option? Can you show me your website?
-SimonT
RockNPucks

Post by RockNPucks »

Would I have no other option but to use the most recent layouts (i.g. Version 2.3.0. current outputs), I would definitly use the "Do Not Output Top Menu". Thanks for mentionning. The new layouts came as such a surprise, I realised immediatly that I would have to redesign the entire website to help introduce the new visiual with some flow and consistency throughout the website. - Still, it also came pretty evident to me that the current setting wouldn't be welcomed (our GMs'd be stunned) around our league. So I gave myself the upcoming to test stuff out around it... I'll be doing tests this summer, see how I can redesign the whole thing. But honnestly, I'd much rather spend my time on something else (e.g. Acquiring new Prospects to face the Cap Crunch again !!). I would really like it if I could simply output the files as they were, focusing solely on HTML and not be "forced" into a new scheme when I'm not ready to do so.

Here's our website (you've seen it before, we've talked by email - but for the sake of the STHS community, here it is): http://www.powerplay00.com

I understand the excitment over the new features of the 2.3.0. version, but I guess "Old Schoolers" need to be let alone with the html / sql thing.
Once we get to master the new layouts, we'll probably look back at the old version in shame, like watching an old rerun of the 1976 Canada Cup "when hockey was so much better" when it reality, it really was not. But still, the transition, or lack thereof, is simply brutal at this point.

Suggestion: Not to force the new output - Have admins decide by themselves if they wanna go New School or if they want to stick to HTML, even if that means there'll be no "Online Headlines Posting".

The history of the STHS shows constant improvement, year in year out. It's just the new graphics that are totally brutal at this point. We liked our old ways "as is"... why change a winning formula, right ?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

If you want to be close at possible from the old layout, try the following.

1) Output your website normally.
2) Go in the Output Option and uncheck the following 2 options : “Output STHS Default CSS Files” and “Do not Output Top Menu”.
3) Go in Output Folder, Open the *YourLeagueName*.css file. Remove the first 2 lines and save the file.

With this 3 single steps, you should have something that will please you.
-SimonT
RockNPucks

Post by RockNPucks »

Ok, I'll try it during the summer.

Once again, it's answers like this that makes STHS the best sim on the planet.

Thanks for the info, SimonT !!
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

P.S. In 2.3.1, the CSS will change so you might need to recheck the “Output STHS Default CSS Files” option, output the files, uncheck “Output STHS Default CSS Files” and redid the CSS files.
-SimonT
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

I too just switched to the latest built, and didn't knew about the new layout. I found out when GM's started complaining... Again this summer I'll have to redo my web site (last sumnmer everything went wrong because of all the classes that were added in the outputs). I remember you said you never told everyont that the outputs would never change, but you should consider all the workload you're making your users do sometimes. No warning, just surprises... Manage to fix some things with the roster input by overriding some of your classes in my own css file, but I don't think many users are able to do that.

One thing that is very anoying with the new outputs for example, if I go to this link http://ahsq.goaliesarchive.com/ligue/AH ... aheimDucks, all teams are closes except the Ducks (even his farm team is closed), and my GM's hate this, not user friendly at all.

I too would like an option to output old HTML style and seriously thinking of sticking to 2.7 until new releases can do that, or until the sim says that it's too old and that I can't use it any more

Oh, and there is a bug, if you open teams under the farm club of the Calgary Flames, you do not have the possibility to sort ratings anymore. Maybe because the farm club don't have any goalies?
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

I always hope peoples would build STHS Theme / Templates based on the Header option. Never ever did that.  Now, in 2015, I cannot afford to have a very ugly website like 2.2.7 has. It’s a good seller point.
starfrit wrote:One thing that is very anoying with the new outputs for example, if I go to this link http://ahsq.goaliesarchive.com/ligue/AH ... aheimDucks, all teams are closes except the Ducks (even his farm team is closed), and my GM's hate this, not user friendly at all.
I have remove this features in 2.3.1.
starfrit wrote:I too would like an option to output old HTML style and seriously thinking of sticking to 2.7 until new releases can do that, or until the sim says that it's too old and that I can't use it any more.
This won't happen. Version 2.2.7 will expire on 31 of December 2015. But version 2.3.1 will give you a couple of option to help you get a 2.2.7 look but with moderm HTML 5 code.
starfrit wrote:Oh, and there is a bug, if you open teams under the farm club of the Calgary Flames, you do not have the possibility to sort ratings anymore. Maybe because the farm club don't have any goalies?
Moving to HTML 5 help me find that bug.
-SimonT
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

Cool, thanks ! Can't wait
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers