STHS Version 3!

Official Announcements / Annonces Officiel
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

STHS Version 3!

Post by SimonT »

Hello everyone,

I have huge news for you today. Version 2 of STHS has now been out for 6 years, and time for a brand new version is coming. I am now working on the finishing touches of version 3!

With this new version, you can expect many changes. First, the STHS 3 will be available on subscription, allowing better quality service and, also, ensure better long term longevity for the software. Also, expect new exclusive functionalities, like SQLite!

Note #1: For those who purchased version 2 of the STHS less than 2 years ago, you will receive for free a subscription for the SimonT Hockey Simulator Version 3 for a period of 1 to 36 months, depending on your date of purchase version 2. This offer is available to not penalize you for your recent purchase of STHS V2. More detail to follow.

Note #2: The promotion that allowed buying version 2 of the STHS for a discount price if you had the version 1 is not available anymore.

Thank you.

Bonjour à tous,

J’ai une grande nouvelle à vous annoncer aujourd’hui. La version 2 du STHS étant disponible depuis maintenant 6 ans, je suis en train de peaufiner les derniers détails pour une version 3!

Avec cette version, plusieurs changements en vue. D’abord, le STHS 3 sera offert sous abonnement, ce qui me permettra de vous offrir un service d’une qualité encore plus haute et ce qui assurera aussi une meilleure longévité au STHS. De plus, attendez-vous à plusieurs nouvelles fonctionnalités exclusives à la version 3, comme SQLite!

Note #1: Pour ceux qui sont acheté la version 2 du STHS il y a moins de 2 ans, vous pourrez recevoir un abonnemen du SimonT Hockey Simulator Version 3 pour une durée de 1 à 36 mois selon votre date achat de la version 2 gratuitement. Cette offre est disponible pour ne pas vous pénaliser pour votre achat récent du STHS V2. Plus de détails vont suivre.

Note #2 : La promotion qui permettait d’acheter la version 2 du STHS à rabais si vous aviez la version 1 n’est plus disponible.

Merci.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: STHS Version 3!

Post by Owen »

Well shoot... I just hit the two year mark on V2 lol
Excited to see how V3 looks though!
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

Oh man! I only just discovered the rating set I was happy with for V2.1 :D

Looking forward to the full details of V3! Online everything?! :D Well if lines submission can be done online that'd be awesome... no more worries about the MAC client not working :D No more chasing GMs to update their client programs :D
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
Tiburn
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Tiburn »

Bonne nouvelle Simon ;)

J'ai une question, je suis à l'étape d apprentissage en vue de créer une ligue. Me conseils-tu d attendre la version 3 avant de débuter le travail ?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi everyone, just to be clear, the main idea of version 3 is to move the STHS to subscription a based model to lower the cost of buying the STHS for new customer. It will also ensure the long term existence of the STHS by keeping an incentive for me to keep adding new features. Version 3, although it does have new features, is very close to version 2, as they share the same programming code base.

Bonjour à tous, j’aimerais clarifier une chose: l’idée principale derrière la version 3 est d’offrir le service d’abonnement qui abaissera le coût d’achat du STHS pour les nouveaux utilisateurs. Ceci assurera aussi l’existence du STHS à long terme étant donné que ça m’incitera à continuer à y ajouter de nouvelles fonctionnalités. La version 3 offrira des fonctionnalités exclusives, mais restera quand même très près de la version 2 (les deux versions partagent d’ailleurs le même code de programmation de base).
-SimonT
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Tiburn : Ça changera rien pour toi. Tu peux commencer tout de suite.
-SimonT
Tiburn

Post by Tiburn »

Merci Simon ;)
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

This is great news. Always looking forward to see how the sim is evolving over time.
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

I guess I do have one question... If I was to get a subscription for V3, is that going to affect my ability to use V2 as needed since it checks for registration?
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Owen wrote:I guess I do have one question... If I was to get a subscription for V3, is that going to affect my ability to use V2 as needed since it checks for registration?
If you get V3, I don’t understand why you would want to use V2?
-SimonT
Bmoney0313

Post by Bmoney0313 »

Hey Simon. Any ideas what changes in the SQLite DB? Any chance Age as an integer will be there? What about more info for transactions? Like Team 1 with either the team name or team number then the players/picks/money then the same for Team 2? I'm finding it quite hard to get a nice personalized transaction list per team with the way they are currently written to the DB. Also can the full list of transactions be in the DB rather than the current sim day?

Thanks,
Brandyn
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

The SQLite got multiple improvement for version 3 already done. When it'll be release for the first time, take a look at what missing and I'll continue to improve it.
-SimonT
Bmoney0313

Post by Bmoney0313 »

Alright sounds good. Thanks!
steeve leblanc
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by steeve leblanc »

Sommes nous obliger de te faire la demande ou tu va nous envoyer la version 3 par email ? Merci

Let us have to we ask you for the version 3 by e-mail or you be going to send it directly
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

steeve leblanc wrote:Sommes nous obliger de te faire la demande ou tu va nous envoyer la version 3 par email ? Merci

Let us have to we ask you for the version 3 by e-mail or you be going to send it directly
This is not decided yet.
-SimonT