V3: 3.0.6 / STHS

Official Announcements / Annonces Officiel
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

V3: 3.0.6 / STHS

Post by SimonT »

On this day of June 12th 2016, version 3.0.6 of the SimonT Hockey Simulator Version 3 (STHS V3) is released.

In this version, I added 3 new features: an online news editor, a web page to send today’s games to general managers by email and a Web Roster / Lines Editor! Yes, the long awaited feature of Web Roster and Lines Editor is finally here, thanks to Shawn Arsenault who created the tool from A to Z. In addition, his code is completely open source. You can find a link in the download page to his GitHub Repository. Please join me to thank him for this huge contribution to the STHS Community!

Finally, the STHS now has the abilities to download and update the changes done in the SQLite database into the STHS. This function is necessary to import into the STHS the news created on the website and to import the roster / lines change done on the website. This ability requires that your website URL option is enter in the STHS or you’ll need to manually download the SQLite database in your input folder.

Regarding the Online Roster / Lines Editor, this release is a ‘first draft’, ‘alpha version’ and is not ready for production so the option is NOT enabled by default. If you turn it on, you have a high chance of encountering issues so; enable it at your own risk for now. But, I highly encourage you to test the Online Roster / Lines Editor in a test league. Shawn and I will be happy to read your feedback.

Thank you.

En ce jour du 12 Juin 2016, la version 3.0.6 du SimonT Hockey Simulator Version 3 (STHS V3) est disponible.

Dans cette version, j'ai ajouté 3 nouvelles fonctionnalités: un éditeur de nouvelles en ligne, une page Web pour envoyer les résultats des matches de la journée aux directeurs généraux par courriel et un éditeur d’alignement à travers le site web! Et oui, l’attente pour un éditeur de ligne est enfin terminée, grâce à Shawn Arsenault qui a créé l’outil de A à Z. De plus, son code est complètement open source. Vous pouvez trouver un lien dans la page de téléchargement de son repo GitHub. S.V.P, joignez-vous à moi pour le remercier pour cette contribution énorme à la Communauté STHS!

Enfin, le STHS a maintenant la capacité de télécharger et mettre à jour les changements effectués dans la base de données SQLite dans le STHS. Cette fonction est nécessaire pour importer dans le STHS les nouvelles créés sur le site Web et pour importer les changements d’alignement effectués sur le site. Cette fonctionnalité exige que l’option ‘Website URL’ soit remplie dans les options du STHS, ou vous devrez télécharger manuellement la base de données SQLite dans le dossier « input ».

En ce qui concerne l’éditeur d’alignement à travers le site web, cette version est une ‘première version‘,‘ version alpha ', et n’est pas prête pour une utilisation en production. Donc, l’option n’est pas activée dans cette version. Si vous l'activez, vous avez des fortes chances de rencontrer des problèmes alors, activez l’option à vos risques. Par contre, je vous encourage fortement à tester l’éditeur d’alignement à travers le site web dans une ligue de test. Shawn et moi seront heureux d’écouter vos feedback. (Note : Shawn ne parle pas Français.)

Merci.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Foo
The SuperStar

Re: V3: 3.0.6 / STHS

Post by Foo »

Awesome work, can't wait to test it. Many thanks to Shawn Arsenault for sharing is great creation with all the community!
RPHALabs
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by RPHALabs »

This is a treat for me to be part of this release.
There are some major steps to merge in with existing sites, but it can be done. I am hoping to get the documentation up on GitHub over the next few days.

I am very exited to be part of the STHS community. Without STHS the leagues I have been a part of for 18 years probably wouldn't exists now. STHS has allowed me to create tools to make life easier for administrations and GMs.

As Simon said this is the Alpha version. It is not set up yet to do auto lines, or auto rosters but that will come.

Thanks to all who will use this!!!

PS to Simon, I speak french a little bit ;)
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

RPHALabs wrote:There are some major steps to merge in with existing sites, but it can be done. I am hoping to get the documentation up on GitHub over the next few days.
This is fantastic news! An old NHL video game online league (back when EA cared about the PC community) had this function so that we could do our roster stuff straight from a web page and have it port directly to the EA server. It was incredibly helpful for us back then. If you end up successful, your contributions to STHS will be dramatically beneficial! :D
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
august
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by august »

Merci Simon....Je vais passer à la version 3, mais si jamais ça cause du trouble avec le WebPortal, est-ce que je peux revenir à la version 2 facilement ou le fichier sera incompatible?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Les fichiers sont entièrement comptatible. Si tu peux resté avec la 3 même si tu utilises la WebPortal.
-SimonT
JimToupet
STHS Dynamic Website Contributor

Post by JimToupet »

Congrats to anyone who work on that WebEditor. Badly, I didn't had time to continue what I've already started sometimes ago but I'm glad to see that project come to reality. Nice job Shawn. I'll try to help to put this on beta / stable version if I can :).
opeth771
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by opeth771 »

OMG I am so stoked!! This is awesome, thanks a bunch Simon and you can count on me to test this web lines editor ! Where should we report issues?

Thanks
opeth771

Post by opeth771 »

Suggestion for Shawn:

Seems like the roster editor saves stuff directly into the database and since there are no security whatsoever, anyone could edit lines coming on the website. I think it would be great to password protect teams.

Do you think this is possible?

Thanks
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi Opeth771, this is already in the pipeline. I already discuss this with him. I think it'll be the same that NewsEditor one. Did you test it?
-SimonT
opeth771

Post by opeth771 »

SimonT wrote:Hi Opeth771, this is already in the pipeline. I already discuss this with him. I think it'll be the same that NewsEditor one. Did you test it?
Hi Simon,

Got the roster editor part working. I didn't test it up to save, but at least I got it set up. I can say that the edit line page is blank for me, it does not seem to work. I took a look at the php files and it seems to be grabbing the database name from the same page as the roster one (sthssetting) so I don't really get why it's not working.

Any idea?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

You must be using version 3.0.6 to have this work. Are you using the default setup of the STHS or you are trying to setup your own? If you try to setup your own, you need the STHSSetting.php page output by the STHS and of course, the database. The STHSSetting.php page is critical because it give the Web Roster information on where to find the database.
-SimonT
opeth771

Post by opeth771 »

SimonT wrote:You must be using version 3.0.6 to have this work. Are you using the default setup of the STHS or you are trying to setup your own? If you try to setup your own, you need the STHSSetting.php page output by the STHS and of course, the database. The STHSSetting.php page is critical because it give the Web Roster information on where to find the database.
Hi Simon, yes I have version 3.0.6, the STHSSetting.php and the database all set up. It works for the roster part, but not the lines. Not sure what I am doing wrong
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Show us a link please.
-SimonT
opeth771

Post by opeth771 »

SimonT wrote:Show us a link please.
Weird... It works now lol.. So after the lines are saved, how do we use the DB that has the lines saved in them?