V2 : Cost / Prix

Official Announcements / Annonces Officiel
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

V2 : Cost / Prix

Post by SimonT »

I am proud to announce today the cost of the version 2 of the STHS simulator who will be available in few weeks in a "release candidate". At that time, you'll be able to start buying the version 2 of the STHS simulator.

The version 2 is a totally new product with 70 new features so you will need a new license to use it. If you have a valid license for version 1, it is crucial that you understand that your license IS STILL valid and will always be, but for version 1 only. I will still and always offer technical support for version 1 license owners.

This version 2 is like a new year for EA SPORTS. It means a new game AND a new license. You can still play forever NHL 09, but if you’re dying to enjoy the features of NHL 10, you will have to buy the new product. It’s the same with STHS.

The price for one (1) license SimonT Hockey Simulator version 2 + update lifetime is $ 45 CDN. If you already have a valid license for version 1, I have something for you! To thank you for your confidence since the beginning of the adventure in 2006, you will be able to buy a license for only $ 25 CDN. And finally, if you purchased a license for version 1 after the June 30 2009, you will have the possibility to update to version 2 for just $ 10 CDN until December 31th 2009.

To resume:
Current version 1 license owners who purchased before June 30th 2009, the cost of version 2 is 25$ CDN.
Current version 1 license owners who purchased after June 30th 2009, the cost of version 2 if 10$ CDN (Offer available until December 31th 2009)
New users: 45$ CDN.

Thank for your confidence

- SimonT

Je suis fier d’annoncer aujourd’hui les prix de la version 2 du simulateur STHS qui sera disponible d'ici quelques semaines en version "release candidate". À ce moment, vous serez capable d'acheter la version 2 du simulateur STHS.

La version 2 étant un nouveau produit avec plus que 70 nouvelles fonctionnalités, il vous faudra une nouvelle licence si vous êtes déjà un utilisateur de la version 1. Il est TRÈS IMPORTANT de noter que votre licence pour la version 1 est toujours valide et le restera, mais pour la version 1 seulement. Je continuerai d’offrir du support pour la version 1.

Cette version 2, il faut la voir comme une nouvelle année pour les jeux de la série EA Sports. Cela veut dire un nouveau jeu et une nouvelle licence. Vous pouvez toujours, gratuitement et à jamais, jouer à NHL 09. Si par contre vous mourrez d’envie de profiter des nouveautés de NHL 10, alors il faudra acheter le nouveau produit. C’est pareil avec le STHS.

Le prix de base pour une (1) licence pour SimonT Hockey Simulator Version 2 + mise à jour à vie est de 45$ CDN. Si vous possédiez déjà une licence valide pour la version 1, j’ai pensé à vous. Afin de vous remercier pour votre confiance depuis le début de l’aventure en 2006, vous pourrez vous procurer une licence pour seulement 25$ CDN. Et finalement, si vous avez acheté une licence de la version 1 après le 30 Juin 2009, vous allez avoir le droit à mise à jour à la version 2 pour seulement 10$ CDN juste qu'au 31 Décembre 2009.

En résumé :
Les propriétaires d'une licence de la version 1 qui ont acheté avant le 30 Juin 2009, le coût de la version 2 est de 25 $ CDN.
Les propriétaires d'une licence de la version 1 qui ont acheté après le 30 Juin 2009, le coût de la version 2 est de 10 $ CDN. (Offre valable jusqu'au 31 Décembre 2009)
Nouveaux utilisateurs: 45 $ CDN.

Merci de votre confiance.

-SimonT
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Str_QNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: V2 : Cost / Prix

Post by Str_QNHL »

woohooo!!!!!

je peut etre le premier a l'acheter ? 8)
http://qnhl.net
Kev
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Kev »

Hey Sim jtrouve que ton texte est bon :P
Kevin Belleau
STHS support team / Équipe de support STHS

Président de la LAHSQ
Ancien président de la LVHQ, 2002 - 2007
august
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by august »

Super, je suis acheteur dès que ça sort.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

I don't mind paying for the new version 2, what i do mind is that since i (and many other) was/were one of the first people to buy the version 1 why we will have to pay $15 more than someone who just bought it after June 30th 2009.

I understand it might not be fair for them to purchase one version of the sim and then have to pay for the next one so soon. If you want to give them a discount knock $5 off the purchase price, not $15. That is just a slap in the face for the long term users of the sim.

And like i said, I have no problems paying the $45 or $25 for the version 2 of the sim. We pay for quality but i feel like the older users of the sim are getting the short end of the hockey stick by having to pay more than someone who just bought it.

Thanks
Steelhawk
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Steelhawk »

Icepilot wrote:I don't mind paying for the new version 2, what i do mind is that since i (and many other) was/were one of the first people to buy the version 1 why we will have to pay $15 more than someone who just bought it after June 30th 2009.

I understand it might not be fair for them to purchase one version of the sim and then have to pay for the next one so soon. If you want to give them a discount knock $5 off the purchase price, not $15. That is just a slap in the face for the long term users of the sim.

And like i said, I have no problems paying the $45 or $25 for the version 2 of the sim. We pay for quality but i feel like the older users of the sim are getting the short end of the hockey stick by having to pay more than someone who just bought it.

Thanks

Not to mention the fact that they purchased Version1 KNOWING Version 2 would be out in the near future!

I don't mind paying for Version 2 as well but I'm with Icepilot on this, it just seems unfair is all
Str_QNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Str_QNHL »

if you dont mind paying the 45$ then just pay for your liscence and forget about the others.
2 months of use is really not that much and not enough time to even have 1 season completed.
I dont mind them having that discount.
all that matters is that Simon keeps getting new updates out or even better a complete new version.
sorry if it sounds rude ..I dont want it to be rude ...just saying how I see it :)
titloup45
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by titloup45 »

Je trouve bien raisonnable le prix fixé par Simon, au nombre d'heure que celui ci a octroyer a améliorer la version, rien de plus normal de demander une cotisation...et le coût n'est vraiment pas exhorbitant pour un logiciel aussi bien complet.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Icepilot wrote:I don't mind paying for the new version 2, what i do mind is that since i (and many other) was/were one of the first people to buy the version 1 why we will have to pay $15 more than someone who just bought it after June 30th 2009.
I did a special offer for people who bought after June 2009 because I didn't want new buyer to feel rip-off of buying V1 when V2 will be release in few weeks. It's another way of thanking new buyer of buying V1 when they know that V2 will be release soon.
-SimonT
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

SimonT wrote:
I did a special offer for people who bought after June 2009 because I didn't want new buyer to feel rip-off of buying V1 when V2 will be release in few weeks. It's another way of thanking new buyer of buying V1 when they know that V2 will be release soon.
Look I understand why you did it but most leagues are going to start soon while the version 2 of the sim is still a few weeks away. So most will be simming one more season before switching to the version 2 of the sim. Now there might be a few leagues who will wait until version 2 is released.

I feel as some others do as well that a $15 difference between the 2 options is huge. Like i said if it was something like $5 then i probably would not have brought it up.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

The special offer is 10$ because I don't want to penalize them for V2 so they already paid 35$ and I'm charging 45$ for V2 : 45-35=10$
-SimonT
gab_3020
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by gab_3020 »

Fair or unfair, it is not up to you to determine.

personnally, I think it's unfair EA Sports charges me 60$ a year to do a roster update and minor tweaks in gameplay.... Do I still buy it? yup, cause I'm a sucker for hockey.

If you are willing to shell out the 25$ as I am, you don't need to worry about the other clients that Simon has to deal with (read, it's not YOU who's dealing with them, so you don't have a say).

If you can't get past the fact that newer users get a further discount, then don't buy the darn game, it's as simple as that.

A lot of people actually bought the game after june 30th knowing full well V2 was coming out. Some were hesitant so Simon even said he would consider giving a discount once V2 was out.

He just did what any good businessman does. He got more clients... What's wrong with that? Would you say to a prospective new client: buy this now and if you want to upgrade to the new product in 2 months you'll need to shell out full price again. No, that's not good business and you're not attracting propective buyers. It's not your personal interest at stake but rather a whole Clientèle.

And seriously, the more Simon gets paid the happier I am because he deserves it and also could keep him motivated for constantly caring for his product.

It is only unfair if you see it like that. The guy that purchased V1 in July will say it's unfair. The way I see it, I get a discount for being a user. What a good bonus. I jsut got the best sim on the market and he rewards me with a discount for a new product even better. Wish I could pay 25$ a year for EA Sports game because I've been playing since nhl '94! Plus all the football nascar, baseball, basketball... I don't see EA giving me a discount for being loyal.

Great Job Simon and really, you couldn't get those prices at better targets and it's, to me, very fair for everybody involved.

Question:

Comment va tu reconnaître qu'on a une license de V1?
http://lihv2010.dominicborduas.com

I'm bilingual, kindly ask for a translation and I'll provide it.
Je suis bilingue, ne faites que demandé une traduction et je vous la donnerai.
LDVP_Commish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by LDVP_Commish »

Bonjour Simon

Si je décide d’attendre la V2 pour débuté ma saison, pourrons nous utiliser nos cotes actuel ou faudra attendre de nouvelle cotes?

Merci
LDVPCommish
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

gab_3020 wrote:
And seriously, the more Simon gets paid the happier I am because he deserves it and also could keep him motivated for constantly caring for his product.

[/b]
The more discount he gives the less money he makes. But that was not my point.

Since this looks like this thread will be getting out of hand i suggest Simon lock it.
Str_QNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Str_QNHL »

Si je décide d’attendre la V2 pour débuté ma saison, pourrons nous utiliser nos cotes actuel ou faudra attendre de nouvelle cotes?

oui ..il y a un outil qui transforme ta ligue version 1 en version
just les nouvelles cottes de la version 2 qui ne seront pas exact a chaque
joueurs mais pour le reste les cottes,clubs,DG ..tous le reste de l'info finalement sera bonne pour la version 2.

jai fait plusieurs test pour passer de la version 1 a 2 et sa marche tres bien si on suis les instructions :D