A Simple Reply

Any questions related to version 1 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 1 devraient être demandées ici.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

Could someone translate the last 2 posts into english? (Google translator didn't work on that one)
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

1) Je n'ai jamais imagine à avoir autant de personne qui suivrais mon développement. Je n'ai pas fait de publicité encore!

2) J'ai eu et j'ai encore beaucoup de pression de plusieurs personnes. Tu veux des exemples? J'ai ai en masse!

3) Non, je ne suis pas dépassé par la popularité du STHS. Je suis dépassé par le nombre de message sur le forum, surtout par les questions déjà répondues.

4) Tu sauras que j'ai implanté plusieurs suggestions de la communauté avec un sourire. Si tu cherches le forum suggestion, il y a en beaucoup.

5) À part les OV, tu trouveras un sujet que je n'ai pas écouté attentivement les commentaires.

6) Je ne crash pas sur la communauté, je vais un rappel à l'ordre car c'était rendu hors contrôle!

Translation Later On, sorry.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
LCH
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by LCH »

I said that this is getting really borring and useless in the developpement oo STHS
As for Ark post i dont think its whort a translation!
Stanley D.
STHS Beta Testers
Fondateur LCH
Admin Réseau-STHS-Network(En stand-by)
Ark
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Ark »

Basically what i said is that the real problem is something else. There was a choice made by Simon to make his project public by using testers and the community to find bugs. That was a very wise decision but like anything in life there is pros and cons. The pros we know them it will make the final version ready way sooner. The cons, well like any other software project when you go public with testing, a big chunk of the suggestions are useless or not applicable to the project. So it is ONLY NORMAL THERE IS A BIG WAIST OF TIME FOR A LOT OF THINGS IN THE FORUMS. Just have to deal with it. If Simon didnt want to waist his time he should opted for the other option wich was to develop and test his project with his friends and release it whenever it would be ready.

I feel and im not the only one that think this way that the community was used to do the bigger task of finding bugs and that now that its done they are being thrown a side and pushed around whenever they come up with suggestions. Simon wanted feedback and thats exactly what hes getting. i feel he is overwhelmed by the popularity of his project and he is blaming the community for a choice that HE made.

As for the so called "Disciples" here below is the best example of what i meant by not being open minded.
LCH wrote:I said that this is getting really borring and useless in the developpement oo STHS
When 50% of the futur users suggest something they would like to have in the simulator and you still dont want to implement it fine. But dont blame them just keep on doing it your way and dont push them around thats all.

I've seing alot a people in these forums that tryed to help with suggestions in the "suggestions" section and end up being pushed around by either Simon or his "disciples".

Guys just do it yourselfs take all the credit you want and close the god dam forums thats it. Dont use the community to make up some time and then tose them a side and blame them for delays because you dont need them anymore.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Show me example where me or my "disciples" pushed people around!!
-SimonT
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

I don't feel thrown aside, even if I had some suggestions that where never put in the sim. I think that this program contains so much things right now, that it is probably more important to to make it "bug-free", and then release 1.0.

There is allways suggestions, but I think that Simon and his crew should consentrate on getting out the 1.0.

But it should be nice if the STHS team could write somewere what they have in their minds. (For example, "Right now we're consentrating on fix the bugs, to get closer the 1.0 release. Suggestions are lower priority right now"). Then everyone (who reads) knows what happening.

Take that as a suggestion... ;)
pmougeot
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by pmougeot »

My opinion on the subject and I am entitled to it is that Ark is taking this personally. I have taken a step back towards this because in reality I should e helping people instead of being irate at them.

Yes questions do come back often, but the thing is, is that you would get this sort of thing. Simon I understand you 100%, but on another aspect it's your baby, you have to take care of it, otherwise it might blow you in the face. It would be too bad to see happen. Take some time of buddy, go relax and enjoy the much needed vacation time. come to us relaxed and ready to kick it in gear.

You have put in alot of hours and work into this, I know the feeling because I have a property management componay that is exploding right now, I have customer coming in by the dozen and sometimes it's not easy handling all of them but you know what, at the end of the day if you give your 110% they will let you know how much they appreciate you and that has no equal to the effort we put in.

From this point on Simon, I will try to answer my fellow colleagues in a professional manner and try to help them out. Most likely this will releive some of the pressure from you. Ark don't take anything personal, let me know what you need and I will try to assist you. These guy's have put in a lot hours and whether they like it or not it's starting to show. Guy's for all of us take some time off as you all deserve it, you have made this Simulator the best there is right now and you have taken it to a level that if someone else tries to invent one will have big shoes to fill.

From a concerned byer, and hopefully friend in the end.

Pat

P.S.: I want to apologize to anyone that I may have rubbed the wrong way in the past. I have redeemed myself.
Ark

Post by Ark »

pmougeot wrote:My opinion on the subject and I am entitled to it is that Ark is taking this personally.
Personal no concerned yes. Dont get me wrong Simon has made an outstanding job in a short period of time. I have absolutly no problem with the product as it already gives 50 kicks in the butt to that "FHL thing".

I applauded the choice of involving the community to tackle down those nasty but normal bugs in the shortest period of time. But lately actually since the big part of the job is being done bugs wise i feel that those that suggest things that are not going to be implemented are treated a little harsh. We all know we are not dealing here with a big corporation but there is a way to say things.

Let me turn this around a bit, how about people closely involved in the devellopment taking some suggestions personal sometimesl! Thats what i see when i read the forums at times. Ok most of those suggestions are a lost of time so what. Its part of the cons of the choice that was made to involve the community. Just deal with it no reason to be harsh.

Its understandable that Simon and his buddys want to protect their baby they've work hard to get to this stage but the reality is that they dont want to make a "ligue de chum" of 10 or 15 GM's. They want the word to spread so this project becomes popular. We all want that. The more people play it the better the options when choosing new GM's.

Very nice to be a MR. realistic but the fact is that we where ALL NOOBS at one point lets not forget that. I have being playing hockey simulations for 8 some years in the net. I have nothing to proove to anybody i've done it all but i god dam know what brings people to this community an i'm afraid we are going the wrong road here. If this is the way we threat each other knowing that most of the people in these forums are commishes i dont even want to think about whats going to happen when leagues are going to kickstart. I already see a clash between Hardcore commishes and softy GM's and people will go back to FHL. Thinking that its going to fix the problem is being ignorant.

Lets all help Simon make it happen sooner than later but please dont think your way is the only way be open minded when you answer to people. The only guy that is allowed to a certain extent to be more firm is Simon himself. Lets not reject the 50% of the community that are not expert lets help them become one instead.
Ark

Post by Ark »

SimonT wrote:Show me example where me or my "disciples" pushed people around!!
Simon je me lancerais pas dans une guerre de mots avec toi c'est la derniere chose donc ton project a besoin. Te siter des exemple ne ferais que jetter de l'huile sur le feux et la ca deviendrais inevitablement personnel. Toutefois si tu lit ma reponse a pmougeot tu peut avoir une meilleur idee de ce que je voulais dire.

Je tien encore une fois a souligner que tu a fais un travail remarquable en un temps record et que deja ca justifie l'achat du logiciel. En gros je parle pour la masse qui n'ose plus lever le doigt pour parler. Quand une suggestion est bonnes ca va comme tu l'a dit le probleme c'est quand elle n'est pas bonne a tes yeux ou surtout a ceux de tes accolites les proposeurs se font rammasser pour aucune raison. A part le gars qui essayais de pirater le STHS, je n'est pas vraiment lu une proposition ou un sujet qui justifiais un comportement pareil enver une communauter qui a ete d'une grande aide a date. Des reponses a la "...t'a qu'a le faire toi meme...","...si tes pas un connaissant le STHS c'est pas ta place...","...les OVs c'est pour les noobs..." etc.., de la par des gars impliquer de proche n'ont pas vraiment leurs place. Biensur tu auras compris que je parle dans le sens imager, mais on sais tous lire entre les lignes.

Je me met a la place des nouveaux venue et puis je me dit que c'est pas ben ben acceuillant pour eux et il vont biensur se mettre le nez ailleur. Il y a biensur les quelques ignorant qui diront que c'est un bon debarras mais de ca il en a partout on peut rien y changer.

En tout cas tout ce que j'espere c'est qu'on va tous prendre du recule et qu'ont va tous travailler ensemble pour faire du STHS le choix #1 pour les nouveaux venue dans le monde de la simulation de hockey par internet.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Comment veux-tu que je m'améliore si tu me montre pas exemple de mes fautes?
-SimonT
leotfatu
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by leotfatu »

Il s'en passes-tu des affaires quand tu n'es pas là.

Je ne suis pas là pour jeter de l'huile sur le feu mais simplement donner mon opinion. Malgré que je ne suis pas au courant de toute l'histoire, il est clair que les points avancés sont valables pour les deux cotés.
Y'a certaines personnes qui abusent de leurs statut et certains qui ne regarde pas du tout.
Bref, au lieu d'en faire une histoire sans fin, je propose ceci.

Une section F.A.Q sur le forum. D'ailleurs mon site, du moins celui que je fais pour le STHS, devrait utiliser
cela avec une fonction recherche directement sur le site. Alors c'est encore mieux si la section est là. Comme ça, il sera facile de rediriger les gens aux bons endroits sans nécessairement dire leurs dire: fait des recherches, etc. etc. etc.

Une sous-section dans suggestion sur les chose déja demandé avec une temps de projet.
Exemple : Création de joueur-dieu (probablement version 0.9) ou (Version 2.0)

Je pourrais passer la soirée à nommer des suggestions comme ça et je passerais même à l'acte maintenant mais j'ai pas ce pouvoir alors.
ratings : september 2006
Ark

Post by Ark »

SimonT wrote:Comment veux-tu que je m'améliore si tu me montre pas exemple de mes fautes?
Voici ce que je vais faire je ne veut absolument pas te montrer des topics en particulier parce que comme j'ai dit on va se lancer dans une guerre d'opinions interminable. Toutefois je vais te montrer un exemple a suivre par tout le monde impliquer de proche ou de loin dans le devellopement ou tu est rester patient et courtois mais en meme temps ferme.
http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic ... c&start=15
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Comme tu refuse de montrer un exemple de comportement déplacé de ma part, je ne peux pas m'amélioré. :(
-SimonT
LCH
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by LCH »

Ark wrote:As for the so called "Disciples" here below is the best example of what i meant by not being open minded.
LCH wrote:I said that this is getting really borring and useless in the developpement of STHS
Ce message reflaitait ma penser et non celle des autres membres du support team!!

Si pour toi je suis fermer d'esprit a cause que je ne crois pas nescesaire de traduire un message qui resemble plus a une vendetta qu'à un message constructif et bien tant pis!

Et pour etre ouvert d'esprit a tes sugesstion il faudrait que je sois du team de développement et je n'en suis pas!!
Fait une recherche sur le forum dans la section Sugesstion et tu va voir que la seule idée a laquel je me suis opposer est ton message sur un blacklist!! http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

Je vais me repeter ici : I said that this is getting really borring and useless in the developpement of STHS
Tu va me dire que ce message est le fun a lire et qu'il est construtif ?? Du moins c'est ce que je comprend de ca :
Ark wrote:As for the so called "Disciples" here below is the best example of what i meant by not being open minded.
LCH wrote:I said that this is getting really borring and useless in the developpement of STHS
Dernier point, je ne suis pas le disciple de personne!!
Stanley D.
STHS Beta Testers
Fondateur LCH
Admin Réseau-STHS-Network(En stand-by)
Ark

Post by Ark »

LCH wrote:...
Si pour toi je suis fermer d'esprit a cause que je ne crois pas nescesaire de traduire un message qui resemble plus a une vendetta qu'à un message constructif et bien tant pis!

Et pour etre ouvert d'esprit a tes sugesstion il faudrait que je sois du team de développement et je n'en suis pas!!
Croire que mon sujet est une vendetta est effectivement etres etroit d'espris que tu aime ou non. Tout ce que je dit c'est que OUI JE CONFIRME que il peut y avoir de la grosse perte de temps avec une grande partie des sujets du forum. Mais ca fais parti des desavantages d'avoir choisi d'y aller publiquement dans le beta testing. C'est vrai pour TOUT logiciel il faut juste dealer avec ca et ne pas blamer la communauter a chaque fois qu'il y a un gars qui parais un peut "debutant" avec son sujet de topic. Je pense quand meme que ca a ete le bon choix pour finalement lancer une version final plus rapidement il faut juste apprendre a dealer avec les desavantage. J'ai mit un exemple d'un topic ou une suggestions refuser a ete bien expliquer et le gars ne s'est pas fais ramasser pour autant. Toutes les interventions devrais etres pareil hors ce n'est pas le cas.

Pour la question des "disciples" je faisais allusion au maintes fois ou les proches de Simon dans ce project paraise presque comme des chiens de poche. Simon dit oui ils disent oui Simon dit non ils disent non mais en plus ils sont souvent sarcastique avec la communaute. J'ai peut-etres melanger les devellopeurs et les proches et je m'en excuse si il en a qui se sont senti viser pour rien mais il reste que c'est quand meme une situation innaceptable de la par de gars qui devrais encourager le monde a utiliser le STHS et non pas les en eloigner.